#161 vdatanet OFFLINE  

vdatanet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1003 posts
  • Local time: 08:36 PM
  • LocationCalafell, Spain

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:38 AM

1.7.25 completely re-works the Movie and TV Series genre tabs to be like all the other apps.

Please report problems you find.

Thanks.

Is it possible to configure the view of genres as in the previous version (row view)? I understand the change, since in this way on all platforms you get the same view. But I liked the previous view in rows.

#162 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47436 posts
  • Local time: 02:36 PM

Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:06 AM

Is it possible to configure the view of genres as in the previous version (row view)? I understand the change, since in this way on all platforms you get the same view. But I liked the previous view in rows.

Sorry, not at this time.  We're trying to present a more consistent interface across the platforms.

Thanks.

#163 TylerV76 OFFLINE  

TylerV76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 10:26 AM

What if we were to move the button after watched and favorite in all apps?  Is that a reasonable compromise?  @denz @maegibbons

Was this ever going to materialize? Would really like to use Emby over Plex again. 

#164 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47436 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 10:47 AM

Was this ever going to materialize? Would really like to use Emby over Plex again. 

It was just a suggestion and was not met with enough positive feedback.

#165 TylerV76 OFFLINE  

TylerV76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:27 PM

It was just a suggestion and was not met with enough positive feedback.

What? 2 were for and 2 were against. Far more were against putting it where you did yet there it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#166 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 139771 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:32 PM

We make these decisions for all apps, not just one, so it's not something we can just change on a moment's notice. It has to be thought over carefully making sure to consider all of the possible view points. That's why I would suggest opening a general topic about this so that others can more easily see it. Thanks.

#167 TylerV76 OFFLINE  

TylerV76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:52 PM

We make these decisions for all apps, not just one, so it's not something we can just change on a moment's notice. It has to be thought over carefully making sure to consider all of the possible view points. That's why I would suggest opening a general topic about this so that others can more easily see it. Thanks.

We did that before it was done and it was implemented at a moments notice anyways.

If you’re going to insist on this can you at least come up with some protection for servers other than windows? Nas devices, mac devices etc? This is ridiculous.

I imagine the canned response will be “we will look at that for a future update”.

#168 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 139771 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:54 PM

It actually wasn't on a moment's notice. Most of the apps had it that way for a long time. The "change" you're referring to was simply about bringing one particular app in line with the others.

Yes, recycle bin features are possible for other operating systems in the future. Thanks.

#169 TylerV76 OFFLINE  

TylerV76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 02:00 PM

It actually wasn't on a moment's notice. Most of the apps had it that way for a long time. The "change" you're referring to was simply about bringing one particular app in line with the others.

Yes, recycle bin features are possible for other operating systems in the future. Thanks.

Then explain why it is EXACTLY where ebr suggested as a compromise on the ATV app?

89174645f7e0f22be24e03cdaa873e26.jpg

Or how about that its nowhere near the play button on ios?

0aefff79990efb23aeadd617f0364e21.jpg

#170 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 139771 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 02:06 PM

The Apple TV app is inconsistent. Thank you for bringing that to our attention. We will correct it.

Regarding iOS - Mobile layouts will be a little different from TV, but the button order will be consistent.

#171 TylerV76 OFFLINE  

TylerV76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 04:55 PM

The Apple TV app is inconsistent. Thank you for bringing that to our attention. We will correct it.

Regarding iOS - Mobile layouts will be a little different from TV, but the button order will be consistent.

So the first reasoning was “to maintain consistency amongst apps”. Now its, the other apps are inconsistent with the android tv app.

The stubborness about putting a delete button directly next to a play button and not having any protection in place, for anyone but windows users, is mind boggling.

The delete button has been in that position on Apple TV for years now and you havent had any complaints. Why wouldnt you match that in the Android TV app? Why are you guys so insistent about putting it in a position that will and has lead to accidental deletes? Dont say consistency because thats been proven to be nonsense at this point.

#172 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 139771 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 04:57 PM

Why wouldnt you match that in the Android TV app? Why are you guys so insistent about putting it in a position that will and has lead to accidental deletes? Dont say consistency because thats been proven to be nonsense at this point.

Again, we're not insistent about it. We're happy to adjust based on user feedback and that's why I asked you to open a topic about this in the general section so that we can see responses from a broader range of users.

However until such time when we decide to make a change, we will make sure all of the apps are consistent with current designs.

#173 TylerV76 OFFLINE  

TylerV76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 04:59 PM

Again, we're not insistent about it. We're happy to adjust based on user feedback and that's why I asked you to open a topic about this in the general section so that we can see responses from a broader range of users.

However until such time when we decide to make a change, we will make sure all of the apps are consistent with current designs.

We already had the conversation about a delete button. It was ignored and done anyways.

Consistency? What consistency?

Roku isnt even the same.

745ff126b4a683a054bed023bd4d59f5.jpg

#174 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 139771 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:06 PM

What about Roku is different? The labels are inconsistent and that needs to be reconciled, and it will. But as far as what buttons are shown, and in what order, it is consistent:

5d225ecec0a8c_Untitled.png

#175 TylerV76 OFFLINE  

TylerV76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:12 PM

What about Roku is different? The labels are inconsistent and that needs to be reconciled, and it will. But as far as what buttons are shown, and in what order, it is consistent:

5d225ecec0a8c_Untitled.png

With the other apps, none of the apps are the same. Buttons are ordered differently, buttons are named differently. I do not get why the delete button would be next to the most used button in the app. The most destructive button next to the most used one and users not on windows have zero protection against accidental deletes. 

A compromise was offered that made sense for everyone and instead of taking previous reactions and current ones into place it was placed there anyways. We had pages of replies about putting it next to the play button, what part of those replies led to putting it where it is? Only 1 person demanded that happen. The rest of the replies were against it. 

#176 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 139771 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:13 PM

With the other apps, none of the apps are the same. Buttons are ordered differently, buttons are named differently.

We are in process of correcting this, so this will not be true for much longer.

#177 TylerV76 OFFLINE  

TylerV76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:18 PM

We are in process of correcting this, so this will not be true for much longer.

So you chose the worst implementation as your base? Can I see the thread or suggestions that led to its placement since this apparently was the popular decision? Did anyone consider other server users besides windows? 

#178 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 139771 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:20 PM

So you chose the worst implementation as your base? Can I see the thread or suggestions that led to its placement since this apparently was the popular decision? Did anyone consider other server users besides windows? 

At this point we're going in circles. Again this topic is not the place. We're happy to adjust based on feedback, but let's do it in a more general area so that we can see responses from a larger number of users. Thanks.

#179 TylerV76 OFFLINE  

TylerV76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 09:08 PM

At this point we're going in circles. Again this topic is not the place. We're happy to adjust based on feedback, but let's do it in a more general area so that we can see responses from a larger number of users. Thanks.

I raised the question again, even though the discussion was had before the change was made and it was implemented anyways.

#180 vdatanet OFFLINE  

vdatanet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1003 posts
  • Local time: 08:36 PM
  • LocationCalafell, Spain

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:01 PM

Sorry, not at this time.  We're trying to present a more consistent interface across the platforms.

Thanks.

I have fixed the images of the genres and I like this view more. I have seen that initially there is no padding in the images:

5d24c71b5bc7b_Anotacin20190709184617.jpg

After browsing the genres, padding appears:

5d24c76c914df_Anotacin20190709184721.jpg

On the other platforms there is always padding.

When I close the application, padding dissapears until I start browsing genres.

It's not a problem, but it's something I've noticed.

P.D. My genre images are always 1:1 and resolution greater than 600x600.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users