155 replies to this topic

#141 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 44926 posts
  • Local time: 05:38 PM

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:16 AM

Do you have a stable (non-beta) server installation you can test against to see if it is the same?

#142 kikinjo OFFLINE  

kikinjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • Local time: 11:38 PM

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:53 AM

Do you have a stable (non-beta) server installation you can test against to see if it is the same?

Currently no.

#143 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 907 posts
  • Local time: 02:38 PM
  • LocationTucson, Arizona

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:06 PM

Just FYI, I was using the Emby beta server. But I do not have the strange characters in the letters.

Also, would be nice to have the remote Page Up/Down working. Works fine in the Live TV Guide but not in the libraries.

#144 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:41 PM

@softworkz

If you need it, I can put together a small music library with one artist from every letter.

PM me if you want it

Edited by dcol, 15 June 2019 - 01:46 PM.

#145 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 44926 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:58 AM

@softworkz

If you need it, I can put together a small music library with one artist from every letter.

PM me if you want it

You can PM that to me.  Thanks.

#146 kikinjo OFFLINE  

kikinjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:06 PM

@ebr

Could you please consider a small change / or better to say consistency with other app in this case with web app. When i play a song on emby android app in song menu there are few buttons, the one

that is bugging me and it is i think in 99% totally not useful is "Save as new playlist" action. I think this button should be "add to playlist" like it is in webb app for example. When listening to music we need fast action / button to add it to new or already in place playlist so it is easier to build playlists from android app. I really dont know how useful is is "save as new playlist" for track playing...not much for me. I spend a lot of time listening

to music and now it is not possible to build it / add to already existing playlists.

Cheers

#147 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 44926 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:34 PM

@ebr

Could you please consider a small change / or better to say consistency with other app in this case with web app. When i play a song on emby android app in song menu there are few buttons, the one

that is bugging me and it is i think in 99% totally not useful is "Save as new playlist" action. I think this button should be "add to playlist" like it is in webb app for example. When listening to music we need fast action / button to add it to new or already in place playlist so it is easier to build playlists from android app. I really dont know how useful is is "save as new playlist" for track playing...not much for me. I spend a lot of time listening

to music and now it is not possible to build it / add to already existing playlists.

Cheers

Hi.  That button is inside the audio player not on a "song menu" and it saves your entire music queue as a playlist.  So it actually is for doing exactly what you are asking for.

Add your items to the playback queue however you want and then you can save the whole queue as a playlist for later re-use.

Where is the "song menu" you are referring to?

#148 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:37 PM

Is there any recommendation to resolve my issue of not seeing anything past the letter 'C' in my music library?

This happens on both of my Emby servers and all three of my Android boxes just since the last update.

Edited by dcol, 18 June 2019 - 01:39 PM.

#149 kikinjo OFFLINE  

kikinjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:01 PM

Hi.  That button is inside the audio player not on a "song menu" and it saves your entire music queue as a playlist.  So it actually is for doing exactly what you are asking for.

Add your items to the playback queue however you want and then you can save the whole queue as a playlist for later re-use.

Where is the "song menu" you are referring to?

Yes i understand that, thank you. I was referring to case where i would love to add currently playing song to some playlist. It is easier to build playlists that way, selectively.

#150 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 44926 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:20 PM

Yes i understand that, thank you. I was referring to case where i would love to add currently playing song to some playlist. It is easier to build playlists that way, selectively.

Okay.  The app doesn't have any add to playlist function at this point as the interface for that needs to be built (and can be pretty cumbersome with a remote control) but we will get there.

Thanks.

#151 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 44926 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:20 PM

Is there any recommendation to resolve my issue of not seeing anything past the letter 'C' in my music library?

This happens on both of my Emby servers and all three of my Android boxes just since the last update.

https://emby.media/c...uilds/?p=754495

#152 kikinjo OFFLINE  

kikinjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:55 PM

Okay.  The app doesn't have any add to playlist function at this point as the interface for that needs to be built (and can be pretty cumbersome with a remote control) but we will get there.

Thanks.

Cheers, it would be good feature.

#153 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:59 AM

Didn't help. Still cannot get to any media past Chelsea Grin.

Any other suggestions. I would really like this fixed as I cannot use most of my music library.

Besides, I can see everything fine in the web interface. Just the Android app is an issue and only since the last update.

Can't you just look at the code from the last update and see what has affected this.

Edited by dcol, 19 June 2019 - 11:04 AM.

#154 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 44926 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:59 PM

Didn't help. Still cannot get to any media past Chelsea Grin.

Any other suggestions. I would really like this fixed as I cannot use most of my music library.

Besides, I can see everything fine in the web interface. Just the Android app is an issue and only since the last update.

Can't you just look at the code from the last update and see what has affected this.

Let's please just keep the discussion to one thread.

Thanks.

#155 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 03:48 PM

I will use the other thread.

#156 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 44926 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:00 PM

1.7.31 updates Exoplayer.  Nothing really huge I can tell in this update except there were some breaking changes we had to adjust to.

Please be sure all manner of playback is working as it should.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users