179 replies to this topic

#41 K1ng_Lear OFFLINE  

K1ng_Lear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Local time: 04:52 PM

Posted 08 June 2019 - 03:01 AM

The system is requesting a permission from you.  You should see a dialog asking you to confirm this...

When I press the search icon on the EMBY Main Screen nothing occurs, neither the search window nor any pop up or permission request.
Recently I tried the search tab in the categories / libraries (e.g. Movies) and there the search works fine.

#42 kikinjo OFFLINE  

kikinjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 07:15 AM

Thanks for mentioning it.  They sent us an email on Monday saying it was Live on the store and I just believed it.  Turns out, it actually hasn't been released yet.  We had this problem with the last release too and I have followed up with them.

Thanks.

No problem ebr, Still monitoring amazon is it pushed and it is not :) so i can listen to music since all my music lib is hq flacs :)

• Pablo Rafael1305 likes this

#43 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47504 posts
  • Local time: 10:52 AM

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:22 PM

When I press the search icon on the EMBY Main Screen nothing occurs, neither the search window nor any pop up or permission request.
Recently I tried the search tab in the categories / libraries (e.g. Movies) and there the search works fine.

This must be some sort of display issue on the device.  I can see in your log us repeatedly calling the system function to request permissions.  Try restarting the device.  Also, try using the microphone button on the remote.

#44 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47504 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:22 PM

Any possibility to get horizontal scrolling when using genres? I don't see a settings cog.

This should be available in .26.

• kanipek likes this

#45 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47504 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:29 PM

1.7.26 implements a couple of long-requested key-related features.

1) Long-pressing the back button from any screen (except for playback) will return you to the home screen.  In order to accomplish this the "Android supported" way, this results in a fresh re-load of the home screen.  That's not my first preference (I'd rather end up back in the state I left it) but, for now, that is how it will work to conform to proper Android practice.

2) From both live TV playback and the guide, if you have a remote with number buttons on it, you can now use it.  Should be self explanatory how it works so try it out and leave feedback.

Thanks.

@maegibbons

@cayars

• CBers and cayars like this

#46 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47504 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:50 PM

And still get an Empty - No Items row, second down.

This should be gone in .26.  Let me know if you see it again.

Thanks.

#47 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15024 posts
  • Local time: 03:52 PM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:17 PM

1) Long-pressing the back button from any screen (except for playback) will return you to the home screen. In order to accomplish this the "Android supported" way, this results in a fresh re-load of the home screen. That's not my first preference (I'd rather end up back in the state I left it) but, for now, that is how it will work to conform to proper Android practice.

2) From both live TV playback and the guide, if you have a remote with number buttons on it, you can now use it. Should be self explanatory how it works so try it out and leave feedback.

Thanks Eric.

#48 K1ng_Lear OFFLINE  

K1ng_Lear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:06 AM

Oh, the return to home function works fine. Thank you very much. ありがとうございます

#49 kanipek ONLINE  

kanipek

U.S. Navy Retired

• Members
  • 1112 posts
  • LocationMassillon, Ohio

Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:43 PM

This should be available in .26.

Looks great. Much appreciated and thanks Eric.

#50 MRobi OFFLINE  

MRobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Local time: 11:52 AM

Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:54 PM

2) From both live TV playback and the guide, if you have a remote with number buttons on it, you can now use it.  Should be self explanatory how it works so try it out and leave feedback.

AMAZING!!! 

#51 maegibbons OFFLINE  

maegibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2337 posts
  • LocationLutterworth, England, UK

Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:43 AM

1) Long-pressing the back button from any screen (except for playback) will return you to the home screen. In order to accomplish this the "Android supported" way, this results in a fresh re-load of the home screen. That's not my first preference (I'd rather end up back in the state I left it) but, for now, that is how it will work to conform to proper Android practice.

2) From both live TV playback and the guide, if you have a remote with number buttons on it, you can now use it. Should be self explanatory how it works so try it out and leave feedback.

Thanks.

@maegibbons
@cayars

Not sure why you tagged me on that one. No number buttons here.

Long press sounds like a good idea but not one on my personal wish list either.

Tag me when you can press up from the seek bar to chapters. Now that will be progress!

Krs

Mark
  • CBers, FrostByte and cayars like this

#52 kikinjo OFFLINE  

kikinjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:35 AM

@ebr Just info, still no latest stable version on Amazon store.

#53 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3032 posts
  • Local time: 04:52 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:59 PM

Just wondering, as a feature request, would it be an idea across the top of Movies (or whatever), where you have All, Suggestions, etc, to be able to lock a favorite one of those items (maybe search) so that it stays put when scrolling through those items left to right ? Or maybe lock Search, as that magnifying glass thing, to the right kind of next to the clock ?

Thoughts ?

#54 TylerV76 OFFLINE  

TylerV76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:37 PM

Is there going to be an option to remove the delete button from the main list of buttons without having to totally disable deletion? As of now Ive had to shut down the ability to delete.

Edited by TylerV76, 11 June 2019 - 09:40 PM.

#55 denz OFFLINE  

denz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • Local time: 11:52 PM
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:58 PM

I can't wait to try the update to see the delete button on the main screen which should have been there since day one. I thought it was going to be in the next beta update 1.8 so it is a welcomed surprise. 

The only other issue is the display issues in the recordings hopefully that is also fixed if it is we have finally a complete emby client. There is still plenty of room for improvement but it can be considered production ready. 

#56 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15024 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:26 AM

Is there going to be an option to remove the delete button from the main list of buttons without having to totally disable deletion? As of now Ive had to shut down the ability to delete.

I have to agree, the DELETE option is too prominent.

At least when it was "hidden" there was less chance of accidently deleting sonething.

Now its too obtrusive.

Sorry @denz.
  • cayars and maegibbons like this

#57 denz OFFLINE  

denz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:41 AM

I will find out how does it look tonight if it is like the web client next to play button it has a thumbs up for me. 

#58 maegibbons OFFLINE  

maegibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2337 posts
  • LocationLutterworth, England, UK

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:47 AM

I have to agree, the DELETE option is too prominent.

At least when it was "hidden" there was less chance of accidently deleting sonething.

Now its too obtrusive.

Sorry @denz.

Hi

Cant agree with you on this one Keith.

This is just being compatible with the web app and is welcomed from me. I am always deleting things after watching so like it.

However, I do understand people's reluctance so perhaps an option as to where delete should be would be good.

Although we know how popular options are with the devs!!

Krs

Mark
  • CBers and denz like this

#59 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15024 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:53 AM

Cant agree with you on this one Keith.

:)

Perhaps you and @denz have a use case, that I don't, such as Live TV recordings.

Not a big issue for me, as I don't delete from within Emby - made me realise that I had DELETE enabled on my user though  :rolleyes:

#60 denz OFFLINE  

denz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:41 AM

Just tried it and love it is in a perfect position. The recordings screen still has an issue the thumbnails are misaligned and transperent. Hopefully the devs of this app can put the channel of the recording as that is very helpful also option for your name not to appear but only the icon.

Well done on these small improvements

Hopefully next on the list is to get the tvguide to have more channels there is too much empty space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users