#21 Gilgamesh_48 ONLINE  

Gilgamesh_48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • Local time: 01:19 PM
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:45 PM

Collections are already included in the "Movie" line.  That is, assuming the server returns them...

When I searched for "Bat" my "Batman Collection" folder was not returned on the movie line even though all the movies in it were. Maybe the server just does not like me. Server ver: 4.2.0.11

BTW: What was that "Empty" line that was returned when I searched for "Bat?"

To put this in perspective for me: I do not use the "Search" functionality at all but I did test and that one return hit my curiosity bump pretty hard. ;)

#22 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46993 posts
  • Local time: 12:19 PM

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:47 PM

When I searched for "Bat" my "Batman Collection" folder was not returned on the movie line even though all the movies in it were. Maybe the server just does not like me. Server ver: 4.2.0.11

Okay, that probably means that the server is not indexing collections for search results.

#23 kanipek OFFLINE  

kanipek

U.S. Navy Retired

• Members
  • 1105 posts
  • LocationMassillon, Ohio

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:02 PM

Okay, that probably means that the server is not indexing collections for search results.

I did see results returned for collections

For example - I searched "crime" The results look like I got everything "crim" (maybe "cri"} so crim, crime, criminal and so on. Including "crime collection" which is a film collection.

I also see "Episodes", "Series", "Movies", "People" and "Programs" listed twice. Some of those contain the same items - for example in "Series" I am seeing "American Crime" in both the "Series" lines/entries.

Edited by kanipek, 04 June 2019 - 05:12 PM.

#24 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46993 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:24 PM

I also see "Episodes", "Series", "Movies", "People" and "Programs" listed twice. Some of those contain the same items - for example in "Series" I am seeing "American Crime" in both the "Series" lines/entries.

Using what exact version of the app?

#25 kanipek OFFLINE  

kanipek

U.S. Navy Retired

• Members
  • 1105 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:32 PM

Using what exact version of the app?

1.7.22g

I see .23g is out and I did the same search - without the duplicated entries. My bad.

#26 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46993 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:57 AM

1.7.22g

I see .23g is out and I did the same search - without the duplicated entries. My bad.

Okay, thanks.

#27 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46993 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:14 PM

1.7.25 completely re-works the Movie and TV Series genre tabs to be like all the other apps.

Please report problems you find.

Thanks.

• cayars likes this

#28 kanipek OFFLINE  

kanipek

U.S. Navy Retired

• Members
  • 1105 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:30 PM

Any possibility to get horizontal scrolling when using genres? I don't see a settings cog.

• denz and arrbee99 like this

#29 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2947 posts
  • Local time: 06:19 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:40 PM

.25 seems ok so far after a quick go. The order still seems to vary.

Probably not related, but would be nice if names of items could horizontally scroll or something. Fr'instance I renamed Harry Potter films from Harry Potter and the... to just The Half Blood Prince or whatever, but The Philosophers Stone only shows up as The... I guess Philosophers is too big a word to fit, so scrolling or just The Philos... would help.

Would be nice if Episode images could be smaller, can only fit 3 and a half in a screen vs almost eight for Movies.

And still get an Empty - No Items row, second down.

Edited by arrbee99, 05 June 2019 - 08:41 PM.

#30 maegibbons OFFLINE  

maegibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2337 posts
  • Local time: 06:19 PM
  • LocationLutterworth, England, UK

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:20 AM

Thanks for the separate delete button.

Krs

Mark

#31 davidtjudd OFFLINE  

davidtjudd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:12 AM

@ebr have you been able to recreate my issue? I can provide client/server logs if you need them. Currently searching via FireTv is pretty much inoperable.

#32 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46993 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:31 AM

@ebr have you been able to recreate my issue? I can provide client/server logs if you need them. Currently searching via FireTv is pretty much inoperable.

I'm not having these issues but this is entirely dependent on the response time capability of your server.  The Fire vs. any of the other platforms shouldn't really make a difference as the bulk of the weight here is handled by the server.

#33 davidtjudd OFFLINE  

davidtjudd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:14 AM

I'm not having these issues but this is entirely dependent on the response time capability of your server.  The Fire vs. any of the other platforms shouldn't really make a difference as the bulk of the weight here is handled by the server.

I sent you the client log for a search for "hot fuzz". Before the search updates, search on FireTv was snappy with no issues.

• When searching via FireTv results return slowly and it eventually starts throwing volley errors.
  • In the server logs I'm seeing a couple of interesting errors related to the display of search results:
    System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'M:\TV\Hot in Cleveland\Season 3\Hot in Cleveland - S03E14 - Hot & Heavy WEBDL-720p.nfo' because it is being used by another process at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
  • I checked and the file is accessable and readable by the account the service is running under

Emby theater and the web client both return results pretty much instantly. I also don't see server errors when searching via these clients. From what I can tell it seems to be resizing of images for display on the FireTv. In the UI it looks like once it hits this error on the server everything stops. The image for this episode isn't visible and there are no further results displayed. Full stack of an error below.

2019-06-06 09:16:22.572 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.80:...deo&format=json. UserAgent: Dalvik/2.1.0 (Linux; U; Android 5.1.1; AFTB Build/LVY48F)
2019-06-06 09:16:22.598 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.2.0.12
Command line: C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Runtime: file:///C:/Users/david/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 4
Program data path: C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application directory: C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'M:\TV\Hot in Cleveland\Season 3\Hot in Cleveland - S03E14 - Hot & Heavy WEBDL-720p.nfo' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
   at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Boolean isAsync)
   at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.SaveToFile(Stream stream, String path)
   at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.Save(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.SaveMetadata(BaseItem item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, ItemUpdateType updateType, IMetadataSaver[] savers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: System.Private.CoreLib
TargetSite: Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle ValidateFileHandle(Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle)

#34 kanipek OFFLINE  

kanipek

U.S. Navy Retired

• Members
  • 1105 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:33 AM

1.7.25 completely re-works the Movie and TV Series genre tabs to be like all the other apps.

Please report problems you find.

Thanks.

I have done several searches using .25

It seems like the additional delay works better.

I am seeing an "Empty" line in the results now.

Is horizontal scroll doable when using Genres?

#35 kikinjo OFFLINE  

kikinjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Local time: 07:19 PM

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:41 AM

I wonder why it takes several days to see new stable in amazon appstore ?

#36 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138077 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:41 AM

It's just the nuances of the amazon release process.

#37 kikinjo OFFLINE  

kikinjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

It's just the nuances of the amazon release process.

Hehe :). thanks Luke

#38 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46993 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:02 PM

I wonder why it takes several days to see new stable in amazon appstore ?

Thanks for mentioning it.  They sent us an email on Monday saying it was Live on the store and I just believed it.  Turns out, it actually hasn't been released yet.  We had this problem with the last release too and I have followed up with them.

Thanks.

#39 K1ng_Lear OFFLINE  

K1ng_Lear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:02 PM

Search don’t work anymore on my shield. I run as server 4.2.0.12 and the App version 1.7.25. When I press currently the search icon simply nothing happens. Neither pops the virtual keyboard up nor anything else. I sent report at 1:00 am local time (23:00 z) and the user was Michael.

#40 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46993 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:05 PM

Search don’t work anymore on my shield. I run as server 4.2.0.12 and the App version 1.7.25. When I press currently the search icon simply nothing happens. Neither pops the virtual keyboard up nor anything else. I sent report at 1:00 am local time (23:00 z) and the user was Michael.

The system is requesting a permission from you.  You should see a dialog asking you to confirm this...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users