First time install- whats causing these errors?

thewallace

thewallace

I'm running Windows 7/64 with Emby server Version 4.1.1.0 and Emby for Media Center. I'm upgrading to Windows 10 soon and thought I would try Emby theater as a replacement fort Media Center.

But when I install Emby Theater I get a spinning circle for 10 minutes (is it searching for content?) Emby Theater does appear in the start menu...but opening the program only produces a large black square. I have do do a alt/F4 to close it. What am I doing wrong? (see attachments)

post-14035-0-12802800-1559173762_thumb.jpg

post-14035-0-75134900-1559173772_thumb.jpg

thewallace

Figured it out. A popup for adding a hdmi plugin was hiding behind the black screen. Installed just fine. Looks good, this may be my replacement.

clollar

I am having this issue and it's not because of the pop up.  Black screen on a new install of Theater, Win 10.

clollar

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times.  One time I got to the sign in screen.  I am downloading and attempting to launch the Emby theater app, the one available on the Emby website, not the microsoft store, I was under the impression that one is the better version.  I click to get past the prompt for CEC control and it never stops trying to load, just spins and spins.  I close it, reopen and I get a black screen, non responsive.  Please help, thanks.

Does the Emby Theater machine have an active internet connection? This is required the first time you start the app in order to download application resources. Thanks.

clollar

Yes.  Here's a screen shot of the screen I see once I click ok on the CEC software.  Just keeps spinning. I've also started a topic in the main Theater forum.  Thanks.5cf485d4917d2_Screenshot2.png

clollar

Just installed the windows store version.  That doesn't work either.  This time it's the spinning load screen after the initial install then it's a black screen just like the emby version. 

clollar

It;s saying no servers are available, which is incorrect.  I've been using the server on a Roku and my phone.  Is it a security setting?

5cf584cf66c59_Screenshot3.png

You have to add your server by clicking the button to do that. Did you do that?

clollar

It asks for host?  Is it wanting the IP address of my server?  I've never had to do this before.  I don't even know the IP address of my server.5cf585e9a886c_Screenshot4.png

Have you explored your server dashboard where it displays these values for both local and remote access?

clollar

It's like every single other device in this house can find my server except this PC.  Makes no sense.  It's a new build so I'm not sure what could be causing this.

clollar

I got it now, just restarted my server.  Sorry for the trouble, not sure why I didn't try that earlier.  Thanks for the help.

It's like every single other device in this house can find my server except this PC.  Makes no sense.  It's a new build so I'm not sure what could be causing this.

Web browsers have no ability to search for devices on your network. That's why you have to enter it manually in this situation.