[BUG] Spinning circle won't go away after clicking FF/RW

FrostByte
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

edennis

this means the Samsung Emby app, or is it addressed in the next version of Emby client as well?  Thank you.

Note I tried the USB to the TV, and it did not work for me.

The update has also been submitted to the store and now it's just a matter of waiting for that. Thanks.

FrostByte

this means the Samsung Emby app, or is it addressed in the next version of Emby client as well?  Thank you.

Note I tried the USB to the TV, and it did not work for me.

The usb update didn't work, or you still get the spinning circle after clicking FF/REW with the usb version?

dmas88

Works for me! Thanks!

Not sure if it matters, but I had my USB formatted as FAT32 before putting the update on there - something to try if you are unable to apply the update.

• Like 1

edennis

Yes it worked for me as well on a second try. It shows a new app icon, Emby symbol on a white background, as well as the old one with a black background.

Ed

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just started using Emby and Im seeing this issue constantly.

Model UN50NU6900

Software Version: T-KTSUAKUC-1271.0

Do you know what Samsung App version your are using?  You can check this on the server dashboard during playback on the TV, probably 1.0.61. Did you install this from the store or the USB version?

Try installing the USB version as this problem has been fixed

Edited by SamES
  • Like 1

FrostByte

This problem was resolved using a USB update and continued to work after the TV app was updated by Samsung.  Thanks all.

You can use whichever one you want, just be aware that the latest version is still .62 for 2018s in the Samsung store.  The usb version is up to .70 now

Some 2019 models are still stuck on .61 in the Samsung store, which will have this issue.

• Like 1

WasabiCannon

Do you know what Samsung App version your are using?  You can check this on the server dashboard during playback on the TV, probably 1.0.61. Did you install this from the store or the USB version?

Try installing the USB version as this problem has been fixed

Im on 1.0.61 from the app store.

I installed via the USB and it does not let me get any details on the app to see the version number however unlike the one in the store it is just the emby logo with a white background.

FrostByte

You have a 2018, so it's odd you can't see .62 in the Samsung store.  Anyhow, if you loaded the latest from usb then the version number is on the bottom of the settings page.  You can also see the version on the server in the Active devices section of control panel

You have a 2018, so it's odd you can't see .62 in the Samsung store.  Anyhow, if you loaded the latest from usb then the version number is on the bottom of the settings page.  You can also see the version on the server in the Active devices section of control panel

Looks like there is still one 2018 model range stuck on 1.0.61.

• Like 1

unlike the one in the store it is just the emby logo with a white background.

That sounds correct.  Has it resolved the issue for you?

WasabiCannon

My settings just shows Display, Home Screen, Playback, and Subtitles.

Nothing on the bottom.

WasabiCannon

That sounds correct.  Has it resolved the issue for you?

I stopped it from randomly showing up however if I fastforward or rewind it still shows up.

My settings just shows Display, Home Screen, Playback, and Subtitles.

Nothing on the bottom.

That doesn't sound like the USB version is loaded.

@@FrostByte, does the store version need to be removed before installing the USB version?  From the description of the settings screen it down't sound like the USB version is loaded

FrostByte

No, I've never had to remove the store version first.  The usb version has always upgraded the store version.  However, if you don't remove the store version first then you end up with two icons.  Both icons will start the usb version though.  1 program, 2 icons.  So it's best to remove the store version first to clean that up.

@WasabiCannon If you can't see the version in settings, then can you start the app and then go to the server and see the version there?  You should see your Samsung TV as an active device and inside the box will be the version.  

The version number should have started showing up in the app settings around version .62 though I think