[BUG] Spinning circle won't go away after clicking FF/RW

FrostByte
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

FrostByte

App v1.0.61

Server 4.2.0.5

TV Samsung 2018 Q8FN

Problem:  After clicking FF or RW the movie will skip and the spinning circle starts.  Then once the movie starts playing again the spinning circle starts up again and won't go away.

Steps:

Start movie

Press FF/RW on remote

Spinning circle starts and then stops

Movie restarts and circle restarts and won't go away

I'm thinking this is a bug because it only takes clicking FF/RW once.  At first I thought maybe it was after clicking FF severl times, but it only takes once.   The spinning circle starts, then stops, and then the circle starts again once movie starts playing again.  I can reproduce this every time

https://pastebin.com/nYWTamvs

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

FrostByte

Just to add more this wasn't an issue with version 1.0.29.  Just started yesterday after upgrading.

holdestmade

Same here on 2018 Q7F. Hope this is quick to solve as unusable really unless you just watch from beginning. Can also confirm it was not there in 1.0.29

Edited by holdestmade
  • Like 1

maegibbons

Hi

Its a "me too" post here on an NU8000.

Definatelly triggered by FF and then whatever you do spinning circle comes back.

There may be other instances when spinner comes on but have not tested that thouroughly yet as this circle issue on FF is a showstopper and Ive gone back to my shield.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons
  • Like 1

edennis

This problem just showed up recently, and with both the TVs we use, same on each one of them. Use the advance or back button and this buffer circle shows up and stays the rest of the episode unless I back out and resume.

post-281734-0-55424000-1559244282_thumb.jpg

Edited by edennis
  • Like 1

edennis

Since the question was first asked I have done a complete clean re-install of Ebmy server and deleted both clients on the TVs and re-installed the Emby apps, the results have not changed.

FrostByte

This problem just showed up recently, and with both the TVs we use, same on each one of them. Use the advance or back button and this buffer circle shows up and stays the rest of the episode unless I back out and resume.

attachicon.gifbug-101.jpg

Merged topics as they are the same

SamES

There appears to be occasions where the 'buffering complete' event isn't triggered to hide the spinner.  

Aside from the spinner staying visible, if you can confirm that rew/ff works correctly (ie: it jumps back/forward and resumes playback) then I've got a fix for this.

FrostByte

There appears to be occasions where the 'buffering complete' event isn't triggered to hide the spinner.  

Aside from the spinner staying visible, if you can confirm that rew/ff works correctly (ie: it jumps back/forward and resumes playback) then I've got a fix for this.

Yes, the FF/RW buttons work as designed even when the spinner is going and stuck.  The spinner actually stops for a short second or two once playback restarts, but then the spinner starts again and never stops.

Edited by FrostByte

SamES

Yes, the FF/RW buttons work as designed even when the spinner is going and stuck. The spinner actually stops for a short second or two once playback restarts, but then the spinner starts again and never stops.

That’s interesting if it looks like it stops and restarts. I can’t fully reproduce this, but I do see occasions where buffering stops at 99% and the complete event never triggers. I was going to stop the spinner at 95%, but if it’s being retriggered then that might not solve it. Thanks

FrostByte

I don't think this happens occasionally either.  I've never seen where it didn't happen and I've played around with it many times

FrostByte

If you ever get the secure side-load thing working I'm sure there are a few of us who would be happy to test a theory.  I know the emulator doesn't always show the same results.  Just as long as you don'e brick my TV I'm okay with testing :)

edennis

I found that after I have played some of the media file I can back out of it, and then "resume" the play and the circle is gone, that is, until I do another FF and then it is back and stays unless I back out yet again. That was the same here on the FF, the circle goes away shortly, makes th ejump and the circle comes back and stays.

So I am curious is this a problem in the server software or the client software? We are using a couple of new Samsung TVs here.

Ed

FrostByte

I found that after I have played some of the media file I can back out of it, and then "resume" the play and the circle is gone, that is, until I do another FF and then it is back and stays unless I back out yet again. That was the same here on the FF, the circle goes away shortly, makes th ejump and the circle comes back and stays.

So I am curious is this a problem in the server software or the client software? We are using a couple of new Samsung TVs here.

Ed

SamES has an idea what it is and is making headway.  It is an app problem, not server.

BTW, could you give us the model numbers of your TVs?  This is looking like it only effects people running Tizen 4.0 (2018) and maybe newer

EZEd

Just chiming in to say me too. Wanted to wait to make sure my app had updated before posting. Spinning circle confirmed after skip forward on version .61 with Tizen UN75NU7200. Get spinning circle on both movies and recorded TV files. Haven't checked anything else. Will have to send server log after getting home.

• Like 1

edennis

I take it when the time comes we reload the Emby app on our Samsung TVs, or best to delete, the re-install?  Any guess as to when this software problem will be fixed,  Thank you.

FrostByte

I take it when the time comes we reload the Emby app on our Samsung TVs, or best to delete, the re-install?  Any guess as to when this software problem will be fixed,  Thank you.

I've never needed to delete an older version, always done an upgrade.  It's really up to you and only takes a couple minute to start fresh.

SamES says he has already fixed the problem.  We're going to have to wait for Samsung now which is anyone's guess.

FrostByte

Just chiming in to say me too. Wanted to wait to make sure my app had updated before posting. Spinning circle confirmed after skip forward on version .61 with Tizen UN75NU7200. Get spinning circle on both movies and recorded TV files. Haven't checked anything else. Will have to send server log after getting home.

Thanks, it appears this bug and the bug which prevents you from updating settings check boxes is limited to Tizen 4.0 (2018) and higher and we are only seeing it now because of the huge jump in versions recently.  I sounds like SamES has a fix already so hopefully Samsung will get this on through more quickly than the last one

• 3 weeks later...
vansmak

A big me too. Glad I didnt cancel plex and subscribe to emby yet.

However when I choose source emby (dlna) it works without a hitch

Edited by vansmak