[BUG] Settings Check Boxes aren't clickable

FrostByte
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

FrostByte

App 1.0.61

TV Samsung 2018 Q8FN

Server 4.2.0.5 beta

None of the check boxes in all areas of Settings are clickable.  Can't change on/off

• Like 1

SamES

App 1.0.61

TV Samsung 2018 Q8FN

Server 4.2.0.5 beta

None of the check boxes in all areas of Settings are clickable.  Can't change on/off

I can't reproduce this on my 2017 Q9 or in the 2018 or 2019 emulators.  That's going to make it a challenge!

maegibbons

Hi

.61 was a welcome update but I can confirm what @@FrostByte reported that the tick boxes in settings such as "Play Theme tunes" are unclickable. I.e. you cannot change their state.

This is on an 75NU8000.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons
  • Like 2

SamES

Thanks.  Just need to work out how to reproduce this

• Like 1

SamES

So just to confirm, it sounds like they are displaying the correct state when you are entering settings (ie: some checked, some not) but when you select one the state doesn't change.

If that is correct, if you try and change the state of a checkbox, exit settings, then go back into settings, has the checked state changed?

Does the focus ring work correctly around the checkbox, ie: when you move between the checkboxes does the focus around the selected checkbox move with it?

I just need to confirm if this is a redrawing issue or if something more sinister is going on.  Thanks.

FrostByte

So just to confirm, it sounds like they are displaying the correct state when you are entering settings (ie: some checked, some not) but when you select one the state doesn't change.

If that is correct, if you try and change the state of a checkbox, exit settings, then go back into settings, has the checked state changed?

Does the focus ring work correctly around the checkbox, ie: when you move between the checkboxes does the focus around the selected checkbox move with it?

I just need to confirm if this is a redrawing issue or if something more sinister is going on.  Thanks.

1.  Correct.  Some are checked, some not and they are displaying the correct state of the setting

2. Clicking on the box doesn't change the actually state of the option.  So not just a visual thing.

3.  Yes, focus ring works when stopping on option

SamES

I don't think it's an issue, but what theme have you got set in the app settings?

FrostByte

I don't think it's an issue, but what theme have you got set in the app settings?

I normally use Dark, but I just tried several others with the same results.

Andori

I managed to get the checkboxes to respond on a 2018 Q9FN.  I used a USB keyboard and they responded to the spacebar (I think it was).  They didn't respond to the OK on an Harmony One.

• Like 2

SamES

I managed to get the checkboxes to respond on a 2018 Q9FN. I used a USB keyboard and they responded to the spacebar (I think it was). They didn't respond to the OK on an Harmony One.

Thanks, that’s good information. Maybe this is a platform change to checkboxes. Normally I would expect Enter key to do a form submit so space bar actually makes sense. We can probably do something to handle that. If space bar works on older platforms then maybe we can just change this logic for checkboxes

• Like 2

SamES

I managed to get the checkboxes to respond on a 2018 Q9FN.  I used a USB keyboard and they responded to the spacebar (I think it was).  They didn't respond to the OK on an Harmony One.

Did you also try the enter/return key on the USB keyboard?  It should work is well, but it's important if it doesn't.  Thanks

FrostByte

Did you also try the enter/return key on the USB keyboard?  It should work is well, but it's important if it doesn't.  Thanks

Just pulled my usb keyboard out of storage and both the space bar and the Enter key change the check-boxes.

• Like 2

Andori

Just pulled my usb keyboard out of storage and both the space bar and the Enter key change the check-boxes.

Just checked mine again, and the Enter key on a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard doesn't work on checkboxes on a UK 2018 Q9FN.  The Enter key does work for other selections.

Not tried another keyboard though.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Very odd your Enter key doesn't work and mine does.  Unless it's handling the Enter differently between US/UK keyboards, or there's a difference with the usb and wireless keyboards

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

Andori

Very odd your Enter key doesn't work and mine does.  Unless it's handling the Enter differently between US/UK keyboards, or there's a difference with the usb and wireless keyboards

Just tried a Ducky One wired keyboard and that works, so it is either something weird with wireless keyboards or just my K400.

• Like 2

Andori

To add a bit more, tried a Minix A2 Lite Air Mouse (basically a wireless keyboard) and that behaves like my K400 (Space works, but not Enter), so maybe something weird with wireless USB keyboards.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution
FrostByte

Problem is fixed in the .62 USB release.  Thanks