Many recordings cutting off short

mark-in-dallas

mark-in-dallas

Many of the series recordings I have set will begin to record but stop recording well before the show ends, usually at around the 4 minute mark, but some have ended in as little as 1 minute, and one as long as 33 minutes into the recording.  It does not happen with every recording, but does so with at around 50% to 75% of the shows set for series recordings.  This does not happen with TV shows I manually set to record.

I have watched several shows live while they were also being recorded, to see if there were any issues with the stream, but there have not been, and I am at a loss as to what is causing the issue.

This most recently happened last night with the TV show Pawn Stars, which should have been a 1 hour recording, but stopped at the 4 minute mark.  I have attached the log files from 8:04 AM this morning, as well as one that ran last last night at 11:59 PM. 

5ced34717045a_pawnstarsscreencap.png

5-27-2019-1159pm-embyserver.txt

5-28-2019-939am-embyserver.txt

I also just noticed this file in the logs, and it looks like it could be applicable:

5-27-2019-909pm - recording-conversion-4841f1f4-e87e-4ed5-9797-d43ebcade8e8_1.txt

Edited by mark-in-dallas

Hi, what happened is your tv provider started returning a 403 forbidden error, so that is why it stopped after four minutes:

[http @ 0xad37c0] HTTP error 403 Forbidden
[hls,applehttp @ 0x813bc0] Failed to reload playlist 0
Seek to start failed.
http://tv.kkzbigserver.iptv.uno:80/live/JRbrONF6220/KeTzid6476/15712.m3u8: Operation not permitted
elapsed=00:06:17.54 frame= 8100 fps= 21 q=-1.0 Lsize=  182979kB time=00:04:30.23 bitrate=5546.9kbits/s throttle=off speed=0.716x    
video:164403kB audio:4225kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: 8.510350%
T=2.555s
Local Time: 21:09:20

Do you have the ability to configure your iptv for mpegts output rather than hls? If so then i would suggest trying that.

mark-in-dallas

Hi Luke,  Thank you for looking into this and the quick reply.  I do have the ability to configure for mpegts and have made that change and we'll see if it helps.  I will come back and post either way, once a couple more shows have recorded.

mark-in-dallas

I have had several series recording complete fine now, and now end early after having changed the output format to mpegts, so that appears to have worked.  Thanks for your help Luke!

Edit:  I just noticed that changing the output to mpegts no longer allows me to rewind while streaming live.  Is there any way around this?

Edited by mark-in-dallas

I just noticed that changing the output to mpegts no longer allows me to rewind while streaming live.

That shouldn't make a difference. Can we please go over an example? thanks.

mark-in-dallas

Hi Luke,

I had links for channels in both formats, mpegts and hls in my guide, when I watched a live program using the mpegts url I was not able to rewind.  I then clicked on the link for the same program in the hls format and rewind worked fine.

I did not think it should make a difference either, since as best as I know the only difference between hls and mpegts is that hls is network aware and can adjust the bit rate on a packet by packet basis.

The rewind functionality works fine in either format on Emby in Windows, but on my LG TV rewind only works in hls format.  I probably should have opened a new ticket in the LG forum, but I was hoping you might have a quick fix.

I have created epg guides and backup for my channels in both formats and can easily switch between the 2. 

Ok so that's happening is that LG can direct play this format, so that's what we're doing to avoid transcoding. But when doing this, you cannot seek. We have to consider our options for a future update, which might require forcing some conversion on the Emby Server side in order to package it into a seekable format. Thanks.

mark-in-dallas

That makes sense, thanks once again for the quick response.