Choose version of tv episode to play?

hstamas

hstamas

If the episode is in the next up queue I can choose a version to play from its details screen. If I’m playing an episode from the regular library section, this is not possible as there is no way to get to the details page of a particular episode. You can only initiate playback from a list of episodes.

Any way around this or a plan to fix? I’m starting to collect different versions of episodes for testing quality and would like to be able to choose for myself which version to play.

I don't see what "fix" we can apply as this adding a prompt here would just add unnecessary complication. When you get to the second episode in the queue, it will just use the automatic selection. I think if you really need to pick a specific one you'll need to play one at a time.

hstamas

Not a prompt or a change in behavior @@Luke.

What I’m saying is that if the episode in question is selected from the Next Up section for example, you land on a details screen first where you can select the version you want to play along with choosing subtitles or even choose a different episode from that season etc.

If your selecting an episode from the regular library list, you are presented with just a list of episodes with no way to get to the episodes details screen, it just plays when you hit enter on a list item.

The web client has the little “i” all the way to the right of the plot description which will bring you to the details page. Shouldn’t/couldn’t Emby Theater have the same functionality?

Edited by hstamas

Right OK, i understand. Yes we'll revamp this in a future update. thanks.