Vizio TV App

nagetech

troyhough
1 minute ago, Luke said:

We have developed an app. The issue is that when we try to contact them about being listed in their store, they don't respond.

Have you tried reaching out to them via a different means of communication, such as Twitter vs Email, Web form, etc?

1 minute ago, troyhough said:

Have you tried reaching out to them via a different means of communication, such as Twitter vs Email, Web form, etc?

Yes.

Maybe you should respond @Luke to that post they made and set the record straight!!!

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
Mookdog

This is great. I posted on Vizio Supports facebook page about adding emby to their smartcast and they deleted my post. I told them dont throw BS when I know for a fact the emby guys have an app already developed for your OS. Dunno what the idiots and Vizio are thinking

Thought I would give it a shot again but they deleted it lol

Sean

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

troyhough
10 hours ago, Mookdog said:

This is great. I posted on Vizio Supports facebook page about adding emby to their smartcast and they deleted my post. I told them dont throw BS when I know for a fact the emby guys have an app already developed for your OS. Dunno what the idiots and Vizio are thinking

Thought I would give it a shot again but they deleted it lol

Sean

1 - I will stick to my theory there is $$$ involved.

2 - I won't be buying a Vizio TV.

appoli

Yea, everything points to an exclusivity deal with Plex and/or some other party (granted, as @ebr mentioned there could be an alternative reason like ‘Vizio not wanting apps that people won’t use’. But to be fair that also goes against the objective of literally every other App Store: getting more apps to attract more users to make more $). 
Knowing the wonderful corporate & tech world I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some sort of NDA involved as well (thus the lack of actual responses/deleted posts). Of course it could just be them trying to ‘keep the lid on things’ so to say. 

I applaud all the effort everyone has put into this, but at this point to me it’s wasted energy. The course of action I personally would try to take is to do my best to find out when the exclusivity deal expires, if at all possible, and wait until around that time before making another effort to get onto their platform using info such as ‘an app has already been made’ & and info about the number of users that do use Emby (leading to possibly more tv sales/keeping existing customers who won’t buy Vizio again due to lack of an Emby app, etc). 
I haven’t looked into this recently, but last I heard many people have been more and more disenchanted with Plex (massive resource hog, less features, cost, bulky/fixed UI, etc. And even when they do implement some things quickly and well the Emby dev team is tireless and does not falter!). 

I would also mention paying for the privilege as well, but I would assume that even if Emby had the extra resources laying around this probably wouldn’t be the best use of them (knowing little about their actual operation). 
So, I wouldn’t get my hopes up in the near future if I were any of you

• 4 months later...
CrowTC
1 minute ago, ranger233 said:

Looking for another TV right now for my camper. I guess it will not be a Visio.

I'm looking buy two new Smart-TVs soon and I can tell you that neither will be a Vizio.

I stopped buying or even recommending Vizio televisions because of this issue.

ranger233
2 hours ago, CrowTC said:

I'm looking buy two new Smart-TVs soon and I can tell you that neither will be a Vizio.

I stopped buying or even recommending Vizio televisions because of this issue.

I have a Plex account and Plex now is not the Plex I started with. Emby runs circles around Plex and is my go to for my media. I think I will look at Sony or Hisence.

• 1 month later...
Clay Grayson

I finally gave up on getting emby on vizio.  But then, I guess it is no big deal for me since I already had a Roku ultra for the previous tv...anything I could do with the Vizio I can do with the roku...  Just hooked that up and I am good to go.   Guess I won't be getting a vizio when the next tv purchase time comes around.  Good thing THIS Vizio was on sale at a great price or I would really be kicking myself for getting a smart tv that ain't all that smart LOL. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

As you are having trouble with vizio tv won't connect to wifi, so there are many ways through which you can fix this error. Like Toggle the DHCP settings. With this, you are allowed to guide a TV and router to work together. Now tap the option of Menu on the Vizio remote and choose Network > Manual Setup > DHCP. In case the DHCP is set to OFF, you can click the right arrow to turn it on. In case it is set to ON, click the right arrow once to turn it off and then again to turn it on. You can also use a wired Ethernet connection, especially if the TV has an Ethernet port, and connect directly to the router or modem with an Ethernet cable. If this resolves the trouble, the TV's wireless adapter could probably be broken.

• 1 year later...
ripper1967

Walmart is buying the smart TV maker Vizio for $2.3 billion as it attempts to expand its rapidly growing advertising business to compete with Amazon, maybe the app for vizio could be looked into again?

troyhough
Just now, ripper1967 said:

Walmart is buying the smart TV maker Vizio for $2.3 billion as it attempts to expand its rapidly growing advertising business to compete with Amazon, maybe the app for vizio could be looked into again?

I was thinking the exact same thing lol.

CrowTC

I'm not holding my breath on that.

And I'm still not buying another Vizio, nor recommending a Vizio to anyone.

• Agree 2

ripper1967
20 minutes ago, CrowTC said:

i agree i got rid of a new vizio,and would never purchase another.

troyhough

Just buy a$20 onn 4K Google TV box and be done with it :D

beckfield
6 hours ago, CrowTC said:

Same here.  The picture quality is fine, but they changed the tvOS a year after I bought it, and I was left in the dirt as far as using the smart features.  I'll never buy a TV based on the "smart" features again.  I'll use an add-on box.  At least if it dies, I can replace it without replacing the TV.

• Like 1