Vizio TV App

nagetech

nagetech

Howdy everyone!

I was browsing the forums and saw there had been talks about people requesting a Vizio Smart TV App for emby.

Is that still on the maybe pile?

Just curious as I just picked up a new Vizio TV and would love to have the app built in.

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks ;)

• Like 2

This is something we're interested in for the future. Unfortunately their process is not so easy. We applied on their website and have not heard back from them. Perhaps you can help voice your feedback to them about this on twitter.

nagetech

This is something we're interested in for the future. Unfortunately their process is not so easy. We applied on their website and have not heard back from them. Perhaps you can help voice your feedback to them about this on twitter.

When did you guys put in the request?

Sammy

What?

LOL

Butt reply from my phone in my pocket. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Skopin

I really hope this happens soon. I'm in the market for a new TV, and the lack of an Emby app is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on the PQX. I just tweeted them about your application, so we'll see if there's any reply. I'd love to be able to disconnect my ATV and not need any streaming box in the living room.

I really hope this happens soon. I'm in the market for a new TV, and the lack of an Emby app is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on the PQX. I just tweeted them about your application, so we'll see if there's any reply. I'd love to be able to disconnect my ATV and not need any streaming box in the living room.

Thanks !

• 7 months later...

I just got a new Vizio TV (was one of the options when I picking one out - my last smart tv had an unofficial emby app & I thought it was a Vizio, hadn’t used the smart functions in a while, but was mistaken. It was the one prior to that that was a Vizio) so I was shocked to see that there is no Emby app. Especially so when there is a Plex app.

Which got me thinking - maybe there is some sort of agreement/non-compete signed between the two? (Based on what Luke said it sounds like developing an app for their platform is a little more involved).

That would suck - either way I’m gonna haggle them on Twitter as per the recommendation!

Emby FTW!

justinrh

Yes, please, yes, please!  It is time to boot Plex, and the only thing stopping me is the lack of a Vizio Emby app.

• 1 month later...

Please voice your opinion to Vizio on Twitter and/or however you can. We have tried to apply to the developer program multiple times but they have not responded to us.

troyhough

Please voice your opinion to Vizio on Twitter and/or however you can. We have tried to apply to the developer program multiple times but they have not responded to us.

I'll do that. Do you have a link?

• 1 month later...
docmarmo

Luke I Tweeted at them just now. Question, I have several older Vizios, specifically their 80“ M801d-A3 model. The issue is they have that horrible Yahoo smart backend. Question, would this platform be included in the developer access you requested?

Thanks!

PS: Huge thanks for an awesome platform! My Dream is DRM availability for live TV and that would complete my dumping of WMC and upgrading all my HTPCs to Windows 10 and or dumping all of them A and just use smart TV & or Amazon firesticks..

Edited by docmarmo
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
troyhough

Please people, comment on my post or Tweet Vizio. You can go to my post here:

j-will

Looking at the new 2021 Vizio lineup launching today, and wondering if the emby app was released?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

troyhough
1 hour ago, j-will said:

Looking at the new 2021 Vizio lineup launching today, and wondering if the emby app was released?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I highly doubt it. Buy a different brand!

Sammy

Most of my TV's don't have "Smart Features" in them, actually only one Samsung.

You're better off with a stand alone device. Depending on your system requirements and content either a ShieldTV or MiBox s will do much better than anything the TV will have.