"other items" category in movies collection

ErikaJ
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

ErikaJ

Good day...I came across this issue this morning while continuing to migrate my media from Plex to Emby. I was able to fix the problem but I would like to know what happened and why this occured for future reference. Here is the issue...I have a collection of Clark Gable movies. Within those movies there are 2 versions of Gone With the Wind, one is a 1080p H264 and the other is a 720p H264/MKV. So when adding the movies to the CG collection they were all included under the "videos +" section with the exception of both versions of GWTW which showed up under the "other items" section. 

So I went to the folder via windows explorer and deleted everything except the movies, selected them and put them in the collection, then scanned the libraries. To my surprise the GWTW movies are now included in the videos section. Yay!! Is this by design? Screenshots included for better understanding. Thanks and cheers...

5ce69b206212a_Gable.png

5ce69b3b47070_collections.png

5ce69b49828a2_collections2.png

Hi.  Because they were in a separate folder and it was the folder that was added to the collection, not the individual movies.

ErikaJ

Hmmm...thanks for the reply Ebr but I am not comprehending your answer. The top level folder is named Clark Gable Movies. Then under that folder are 4 additional folders carrying the name of the movies within. In one of those folders namely GWTH, are 2 versions of GWTH as described above. Intially, I clicked on all 4 folders within Emby server side and added them to a collection and the incident happened as explained above. So yes GWTH was in a seperate folder just like the other 3 seperate folders however the result was different as it did not join the collection as "videos" rather as "other".

5ce6aaa999345_Gable2.png

• Solution

Your naming convention for "Gone with the wind" does not match our multi-version naming. Therefore what  you had there was two separate movies inside of a folder so what was seen was the folder.

In the other cases, there was just a single movie inside a folder so those folders were identified as movies.

• Like 2