Xbox controller controls Emby when not focused

frong
Go to solution Solved by frong,

frong

I like to play a show in the background while I'm playing certain games with my Xbox-controller on PC. However it's impossible to use Emby due to the controller controlling Emby even though it's not in focus and the game is in fullscreen. Is there any way to prevent this or simply disable the controller function? 

frong

Hi there, what Emby app are you using?

I'm on Windows 10 and I've tried using both through the browser and Emby Theater. 

frong

Are you running the latest version of Emby Theater, 3.0.10?

I'm running 3.0.8 on the computer with the xbox controller. However, it's acts the same in all browsers as well.

frong

Very annoying since I often watch videos while playing certain games. Now I have to watch Youtube instead of my series in Plex.

When you say it's not in focus, what do you mean by that? Is it minimized?

frong

When you say it's not in focus, what do you mean by that? Is it minimized?

I have the game on one screen, in focus, and Emby on monitor #2 either in a browser or Emby Theater.

The problem seems to go back to 2016:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/34474-disable-xbox-controller/

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48675-disable-xbox-360-gamepad-in-emby/

So I guess it's not a priority, weird.

Edited by frong

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry that this issue has lasted so long. Would you mind testing something. If you minimize the browser window, does this still happen?

I'm sorry that this issue has lasted so long. Would you mind testing something. If you minimize the browser window, does this still happen?

It does not Pause/Play when then window is minimized. It always does when it's not, no matter if another fullscreen application is focused or not etc.

So you're saying that if it's minimized there's no problem, right? What about if you have another browser tab on top?

• 2 weeks later...

Did you have a chance to try that?

Sorry, I missed that answer.

If I have another tab open it doesn't Pause/Play neither. So, the xbox-controller only controls Emby if it's not minimized and if that that is focused. Do you want me to record testing the different scenarios or something?

Edited by frong

• Solution

Ok please try restarting Emby Theater and seeing if it's still the same. Thanks.

I just tried with Emby running in the browser, and it seems to work to use the controller now while keeping the window out of focus. Great stuff.

Thanks for the support!!

:wub:

• Like 1