Live TV has no video for some stations

markand
Go to solution Solved by markand,

markand

I'm running 4.1.1.0 on a QNAP with an HDHomeRun EXTEND and just noticed that when I tried to watch Fox 10 news live, I got no picture. The audio also was stuttering.

As a test I opened up the HDHomeRun app and it had the video just fine so my antenna and HDHomeRun setup seems to be working.  Some other channels worked fine.

markand

Oh sorry about that. It was in the browser. 

Safari Version 12.1 (14607.1.40.1.4)

macOS 10.14.4

markand

I am SO sorry!  I had thought I had attached the logs yesterday. Getting them together was why I commented on the download logs feature request.  Ok, attached. What happened was that I chose the file but forgot to attach it.

Are the logs & client info (above) all you need?

Sorry for the confusion!

markand-emby-logs-.zip

markand

I don't know, exactly. There were other channels that worked at that time, but I did not check to see how many channels had the issue. I will see if I can reproduce and let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scooterjes

What i had to do on my install was to go into the advanced settings on the transcoder and change the vp9(this was for chromecast BTW) to the nvenc or whatever it's called  from dx11.

ErikaJ

Could this be a codec issue? I recall on NPVR I had no video on some stations and adding the proper codec solved the issue. Cheers

I'm new to Emby, but you know I'm just not finding it ready for prime time.  If for whatever reason a Live TV station isn't coming through, perhaps because the signal strength is marginal, the Emby gets itself into a can't-go-back state and has to be exited out of completely and the Emby channel on the Roku restarted.  Not a big deal, but at some point, I start getting "request-can't-be-processed-at-this-time" messages, and then NO station can be viewed anymore and even restarting the Emby channel on the Roku no longer works - the can't-be-processed messages reappear and continue for EVERY station..  I presume that restarting the server would perhaps remedy this, but who wants to have to run & restart the server several times a day.  This is why I only subscribed for a month - to see how it was going to work, and I guess I have my answer.   I just wanted to be able to "share" a single hybrid antenna in the attic which has been surprisingly effective.  But performance using it with HDHomerun+Emby is severely degraded in comparison with a straight connection between that antenna and TV, and even in comparison with a less effective inside antenna.in use with a 2nd downstairs TV, and THAT'S without the 2-way splitter I'd eventually have to apply for the antenna sharing.  An amp between the antenna and the HDHomerun might (or might not) improve the signal, but then there's the issue with the performance of the app and not being able to back out of a failed channel request.  'Not really wanting to make this my life's work and uncertain what effect the FCC "repacking" yet to be completed will have.   I think I'll leave well enough alone for now and maybe try all this again in a year. 

• 1 month later...
markand

Will need to check as I've been recording shows, mostly PBS just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Solution
markand

So I am NOT seeing this anymore.  One thing that happened right around the time that I noticed this was that the shows I recorded on PBS had HORRIBLE video. However, it was also showing up in the HDHomerun app and so I shifted my antenna around to get a better signal. I had issues since.

One thing I noticed while doing the test (iPad & Safari on Mac) was the quality of the Safari playback was much worse and a bit laggy. I would push play on both at the same time and would wind up about 20-30 behind in the browser.

• Like 1