OSMC Cannot click the sign in button in Emby addon

rterblanche
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

rterblanche

When trying to add a connection to my emby server for some reason I cannot click the login button or

it's being click but there's an error I don't get.

I am running the latest release osmc version with the latest betas of Emby server and Kodi.

Hopefully the log has some info in it : https://paste.osmc.tv/nimefutacu

I did a total reinstall from scratch of OSMC on a Vivo 4k.

sualfred

Are you running Pi-hole or any other blocker in your network at home?

Because raw.githubusercontent.com is blocked.

If yes, please whitelist raw.githubusercontent.com and all other *.github.com addresses.

rterblanche

Ai. Totally forgot about that.

Will have to remember to always first disable it in the future when having any problems.

Must be newly added to the blocked list. Was fine till sometime last week.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

rterblanche

Looks like the pihole wasn't the problem. Still getting and error when logging in.

Full log : https://paste.osmc.tv/sipaleboya

2019-05-22 17:52:12.352 T:3555713760 NOTICE: Emby.emby.core.http -> ERROR:: 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: http://192.168.1.103:8096/emby/Users/AuthenticateByName 2019-05-22 17:52:12.353 T:3555713760 NOTICE: Emby.emby.core.http -> ERROR:: --[ 500 response ] 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: http://192.168.1.103:8096/emby/Users/AuthenticateByName 2019-05-22 17:52:12.357 T:3555713760 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'> Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__' Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/dialogs/loginmanual.py", line 86, in onClick elif self._login(user, password): File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/dialogs/loginmanual.py", line 124, in _login result = self.connect_manager['login'](server, username, password) File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/libraries/emby/core/connection_manager.py", line 220, in login self._on_authenticated(result, options) File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/libraries/emby/core/connection_manager.py", line 825, in _on_authenticated self.config['auth.user_id'] = result['User']['Id'] TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__' -->End of Python script error report<--

rterblanche

Some more info.

I have a raspberry Pi on the same network running libreelec and have no problems.

I am thinking it might be osmc but not sure what to post on the osmc forums.

Angelblue05

Pi hole was definitely a problem. But now it’s trying to authenticate you and it ends with a 500 internal server error. Can you repeat the test and provide the server log or provide your server log from that time? Thanks.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@Luke

Check the previous post, the server log is throwing SQLite errors (Search for response 500 authenticatebyname) trying to create a new access token for a user successfully authenticated it seems.

Edited by Angelblue05

@@Luke

Check the previous post, the server log is throwing SQLite errors (Search for response 500 authenticatebyname) trying to create a new access token for a user successfully authenticated it seems.

Is the Authentication header not being supplied on the request with the device name?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Thanks Luke. I will get that confirmed.

@@rterblanche

In the add-on settings > advanced > logging set to Debug/Ok. Restart Kodi. Wait a few and post that Kodi log, thank you. I want to confirm we are sending all the info to your server.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Hum, you didn't enable logging set to debug in the add-on settings like I requested?

rterblanche

Sorry. Didn't do it on the add-on.

Didn't read correctly. Unfortunately will only be able to provide a log when I get home again

• Like 1

rterblanche

Let's hope I did it right this time.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Let's hope I did it right this time.

Yes thank you. For future ref, Kodi debug is not needed. Only the add-on’s. I will keep you posted.

Edited by Angelblue05

• Solution
Angelblue05

@@rterblanche

Your device name is indeed missing from the header as Luke said. In the add-on settings > Do you have user alternate device name enabled? If not, does your Kodi have a name assigned under kodi settings > services > general > Device name? If not either fill one there, or enable use an alternate device name in the add-on settings. Restart Kodi. That should hopefully get you going.

I will patch this to make sure this is not a possibility in the future.

Edited by Angelblue05

rterblanche

Strange. My hostname/devicename is correct everywhere. I check in the hostname file.

I just updated the alternate name in the addon and everything is working again.

Thanks

• Like 1

Angelblue05

It's not your hostname.

Does your Kodi have a name assigned under kodi settings > services > general > Device name? Or is that field empty? That's all there is to the issue you faced.

rterblanche

Ja all that was filled in. Maybe to keep me sane I might reinstall and try reproduce the error. Very interested in how it happened from a clean install.

But at least now I know how to fix and the add-on checks for it.

Thanks

• Like 1

horstepipe

Interesting, one of my clients use OSMC too (Vero 4K) and it doesn’t provide a device name, either. But it didn’t make trouble, i was just not seeing a device name in Emby dashboard, so I set it manually in the device list.

horstepipe

Really? Maybe it happened after the access token was generated?

I think this started as his osmc updated from Kodi 17 to 18. I have to ask him about his device name settings in Kodi.

• Like 1