Embedded titles

pgriffith

pgriffith

Hi all

I recently had motherboard failure that also took out a RAID 5 array. Long story short, purchased some recovery software and managed to get the majority of my files back, but with random numbers for the filenames (eg 006774336456.Mp4). As you can imagine trying to identify 1000's of these files was a huge task and I mostly downloaded everything again as it was just too big a task.

My question to all you media experts out there is this, is there an easy way to hard burn in the filename of a video file into a video for say the first 5 seconds of playback?

I would need some way to batch automate this as many thousands of files would need to be processed.

Cheers

lorac

A lot of times mediainfo will have this information. I'd install that program and see what it reports.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

pgriffith

Yes Luke, hard burnt into the video stream.

@@lorac, tried mediainfo and it didn't help, no info was revealed.

• 3 weeks later...
lorac

Media Center Master can do this. It has the option to embed the title.

I'd test it on a few files first.

Happy2Play

Media Center Master can do this. It has the option to embed the title.

I'd test it on a few files first.

MCM can embed the metadata, just like you can enter the title in mkvtoolnix or a tool like mkvtomp4 can get and embed metadata.  But OP wants to burn in this information.  

Only way I could thinks of is maybe burn in just like you would subtitles.  Create a srt with each movie name in that file and burn it into each video.  But that would be a lot of work reprocessing every file.  But have no idea how you would automate this.

I guess if you don't use subtitles you could create a filename.forced.srt  with moviename and timestamp in every folder and have forced subtitles enabled in Emby.

Edited by Happy2Play