Emby Beta Link

benoga

So, uncertain which Beta to convert and it may carry a significant risk of not working at all..... not worth the effort & risk.

Feels like nobody at Emby is concerned with a true Synology Beta package.

We are looking at improving the process. Thanks for the feedback.

• 3 months later...
FrostByte

From James a couple days ago. 

They are still working some issues and I'm sure Luke or James will update everyone when things are ironed out and the beta program opens back up.

Hello All

Just to clarify what you're experiencing here. The .NET Framework supported platforms (24 in total) have the latest beta available starting with 4.4.0.8-1-beta.

There are still some issues to resolve with getting .NET Core 3.1 running on the platforms that have switched to this framework, 6 in total.

As soon as these issues are resolved, the betas will start appearing again in Package Center. The architectures affected are apollolake, avoton, braswell, bromolow, cedarview and x64.

Best

- James

Edited by FrostByte

Well.. at least we now know why. Thanks.

From James a couple days ago. 

They are still working some issues and I'm sure Luke or James will update everyone when things are ironed out and the beta program opens back up.

AviatorBimmer

I never received a reply from James on a PM I sent him, but yesterday he did post the following on a thread:

Hello All

Updated betas are on the way for all of the current .NET Framework based platforms (that is all platform except apollolake, avoton, braswell, bromolow, cedarview and x64).

This will fix an issue with image processing, which would have created a number of exceptions in the log and/or cause a crash.

For the .NET Core based platforms, I will be releasing a .NET Framework based version so we can continue functional testing; as it will take a little while to resolve the issue. No action is necessary, you will be able to apply the update as usual via Package Center.

Best

- James

I am keeping a close eye on this as it will have a huge impact on whether I pay for the lifetime premiere subscription. If Synology is going to take a back seat of supported devices, I don't see me paying for the lifetime premiere membership and just go back to Plex. I really love Emby so far and I want to stay, but I have committed over $2,500 on my Synology DS1019+ setup and don't want to commit myself to a software that will not fully support my hardware. =(

I hope all these issues are resolved and us Synology users can also benefit from timely updates and beta packages as they become available.

Hi there, it's not taking a back seat. It's only the beta that is a closed group right now and we are hoping to re-open it in the future. Thanks.

• Like 1

AviatorBimmer

Hi there, it's not taking a back seat. It's only the beta that is a closed group right now and we are hoping to re-open it in the future. Thanks.

Oh ok, so help me understand the current situation. Once the issue with ".NET Framework based platforms (that is all platform except apollolake, avoton, braswell, bromolow, cedarview and x64)" is resolved, then we can expect the beta process to be open to all Synology users?

Of course, I am on Apollolake, so I am affected, but once the issue is resolved, then I can expect betas to come out for all Synology users?

Oh ok, so help me understand the current situation. Once the issue with ".NET Framework based platforms (that is all platform except apollolake, avoton, braswell, bromolow, cedarview and x64)" is resolved, then we can expect the beta process to be open to all Synology users?

Of course, I am on Apollolake, so I am affected, but once the issue is resolved, then I can expect betas to come out for all Synology users?

I'm not sure yet as it's two different discussions. But i can assure that Synology releases are not taking a back seat.

• 5 months later...