#1 Gilgamesh_48 OFFLINE  

Gilgamesh_48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • Local time: 10:54 PM
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:32 PM

I am on a Roku Ultra with Roku beta 3.0.158 and I upgraded my secondary server to beta 4.2.0.7

When I attempt to switch from my primary server (running the release ver 4.1.1.0) to the beta one and I select a user instead of offering a password screen I am kicked out to the main Roku screen.

I can use the standard Roku app (3.0.155) and then I can log onto the beta server just fine and after logging on via the standard app the Roku beta app accesses the beta server just fine and I can log off it and onto the standard server without issue.

However if I then try to access the beta server again I crash back to Roku's home screen.

I have restarted my Roku and the problem persists.

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 128649 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:39 PM

Server log?

#3 Gilgamesh_48 OFFLINE  

Gilgamesh_48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:48 PM

Server log?

Attached File  EmbyLogFor-2019-05-21.txt   243.58KB   1 downloads

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 128649 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:53 PM

Ok, nothing obvious there. @speechles can test this out. Thanks.

#5 skidmarks OFFLINE  

skidmarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:29 PM

Fighting something as well...  Server choice comes up.  Select user.  And bounces me back to the main roku screen.

Will troubleshoot this further!

Beta:  3.0.158

Server:  4.1.1.0

Edited by skidmarks, 21 May 2019 - 05:46 PM.

#6 skidmarks OFFLINE  

skidmarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:51 PM

OK 3 of my 4 rokus are working:

Roku Streaming Stick+:  Model 3810X / 9.0.0 build 4142-50 WORKING

Roku Premier+:  Model 3921RW / 9.0.0 build 4142-91 NOT WORKING

Roku Stick:  Model 3500X / 9.0.0 build 4142-09 WORKING

Roku Express:  Model 3700X / 9.0.0 build 4144-28 WORKING

@speechles

Edited by skidmarks, 21 May 2019 - 05:55 PM.

#7 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 4420 posts
  • Local time: 07:54 PM

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:45 PM

What is the language of that Roku that doesn't work set to in the Roku settings? Is it set to the same language as the others?

Is there anything else different about that Roku? Obviously it isn't targeting that model # to break. This has to be something else. Weird it doesn't affect all your Roku.

We will have to investigate this. I am unable to reproduce on the 3 models I have: Roku 2 XD (3050),  Roku 3 (4200), Roku Ultra (4660).

#8 Gilgamesh_48 OFFLINE  

Gilgamesh_48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:55 PM

What is the language of that Roku that doesn't work set to in the Roku settings? Is it set to the same language as the others?

Is there anything else different about that Roku? Obviously it isn't targeting that model # to break. This has to be something else. Weird it doesn't affect all your Roku.

We will have to investigate this. I am unable to reproduce on the 3 models I have: Roku 2 XD (3050),  Roku 3 (4200), Roku Ultra (4660).

FWIW My Roku is an ultra and its language is English. (US English in case that matters)

I have two Ultras in service at this time and they both do this. I also have two other Roku 3s but they are not in service. If it might help I can pull one out of the drawer and test on it. 

Also I want to restate that I have both the release and the beta on my Rokus and I can use the release ver and log onto the beta server just fine and then fire up the beta and it works fine on the beta server. But once I log out or switch servers in the beta the crash symptom returns until I use the release app to log in again.

Thanks.

#9 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 4420 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:03 PM

The following components have been installed or updated:

CoverArt (4.1.1)
Podcasts (1.2.0)
MBServer (4.2.0.7)

Please restart the server to finish applying updates.

Lets see if I can reproduce this now.

Edited by speechles, 21 May 2019 - 07:03 PM.

#10 skidmarks OFFLINE  

skidmarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:18 PM

@speechles :

So i checked all the settings on that roku.  I just bought this one in the last few weeks.  Everything appears to be set correctly (yes it is set to english).

I uninstalled the beta app.  Restarted the roku.  Unplugged the roku.  Then went and added the private beta again.  Same problem.

THEN i tried to use emby connect with a PIN and it DID sign in?????  Signed out, tried to log back in (without connect) and got booted back to the roku main menu.

So i am going to let you brain storm on this one.  If i can pull the logs out of the roku to assist let me know.  I'll try to member how i did that in the past (or look for the thread)!

Edited by skidmarks, 21 May 2019 - 09:19 PM.

#11 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 4420 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:53 PM

@skidmarks can you try delete all the devices for Roku on your Emby server devices tab. This won't hurt anything it will rebuild these. But it can cause problems if one of these has stale information passed to it. That might be happening here.. maybe.. To eliminate that possibility can you try to remove all the Roku devices. Then try the problem Roku again and see if it at least lets you in. There is something going on somewhere making something misbehave. If I knew where to spank right away I would dive at it. But not sure where the problem is. I cannot recreate this at all.

Is there any way you can invite me to your server? I might see it. But you said doesn't occur with Emby Connect. So having access to your server may not reproduce the issue for me. This will be quick to solve once we find the cause.

Edited by speechles, 21 May 2019 - 10:53 PM.

#12 skidmarks OFFLINE  

skidmarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:45 PM

@speechles

I had just did this, as i recall you asking someone else, at some point in a different thread / issue to try this (unrelated).  This did not help.  But there is a BUT (as usual)...

I installed the current stable release.  Gave it a go.  And it connected without issue!  In my huh moment i then tried the beta release...  And it now ALSO works without issue.

Thinking about this i failed troubleshooting 101!  Before i tried the stable version i should have looked to see if this roku showed up in my devices after trying the beta.  I have a suspicion that it didn't.  I went in and tried to manually connect (via my LAN IP Number) and the roku locked up causing me to pull the power.  When it rebooted i then tried the stable version.  My bad.  Should have thought that threw a little better.

I am sure you are now really scratching your head... 

I will log out and back in for the next few days to see if this problem creeps back up.

I MIGHT HAVE HIJACKED THIS ORIGINAL THREAD

(not certain if my problem related to this original topic)

Always willing to share the server if needed...

Edited by skidmarks, 21 May 2019 - 11:57 PM.

#13 skidmarks OFFLINE  

skidmarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:22 AM

NOPE...

I now understand the original thread. 

If i log out of the beta i can NOT get back in.  Selecting a user will kick me back to roku land.

Log in with stable without any issues.  Exit stable and then beta WILL let you log in.

@speechles Will send you an invite (play nice)  :)

Edited by skidmarks, 22 May 2019 - 12:41 AM.

#14 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 4420 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:00 AM

NOPE...

I now understand the original thread. 

If i log out of the beta i can NOT get back in.  Selecting a user will kick me back to roku land.

Log in with stable without any issues.  Exit stable and then beta WILL let you log in.

@speechles Will send you an invite (play nice)  :)

I can hop on your server in a bit and see what is happening. Thanks. :)

#15 skidmarks OFFLINE  

skidmarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:07 PM

Hey just a heads up @speechles , realized late last night that ALL of my rokus now have the same issue since removing them from my device list.

#16 Gilgamesh_48 OFFLINE  

Gilgamesh_48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:18 PM

Hey just a heads up @speechles , realized late last night that ALL of my rokus now have the same issue since removing them from my device list.

I think that anything that forces an attempt to access the password screen on the beta app accessing the beta server will cause the crash reported and anything the avoids that screen works fine. Like logging on through the regular app and then using the beta app, thereby avoiding the password screen, will work.

I think that is a pretty narrow area of functionality where the failure occurs. Maybe that will make the fix easier.

Edited by Gilgamesh_48, 22 May 2019 - 12:19 PM.

• skidmarks likes this

#17 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 4420 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:46 PM

Alrighty.. I figured it out. Thanks guys. I have submitted the fix to @ebr as Round Two which includes all the other fixes. Once he pushes this to Beta it should resolve all these issues. Thanks for spotting. Keep it up. Hopefully no more but if there are please keep pointing them out. The app should look much better in every language across the board now.

Expect a new Beta shortly. Any non-English speakers too please help translate anything you still see in English in the app for your language. Those strings are on OneSky to help translate (the all apps and Roku strings - this app uses two sets of JSON). The reason those are still English is we need you. Thanks. ;)

help translate here: https://oshotim.ones.../collaboration/ ( All Apps & Roku .. thanks )

Edited by speechles, 22 May 2019 - 12:50 PM.

• skidmarks likes this

#18 skidmarks OFFLINE  

skidmarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:03 PM

@speechles...

Thanks!

#19 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 4420 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:07 PM

@speechles...

Thanks!

Thank you sir. I totally spaced on testing the "Manual Login" option (I forgot to try it) and didn't test it enough. I was trying to get the font to change in that part incorrectly. It is actually changed in another spot that affects that one to do it correctly. That is how it is now done. Sorry for the oversight. Thank you for the fast detection. I am happy you will soon be happy. As a person with the same problem as you I kinda understand that breaking stuff is f'd up. Thanks for not giving me lashes for it. :)

Edited by speechles, 22 May 2019 - 01:08 PM.

#20 Gilgamesh_48 OFFLINE  

Gilgamesh_48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:28 PM

Alrighty.. I figured it out. Thanks guys. I have submitted the fix to @ebr as Round Two which includes all the other fixes. Once he pushes this to Beta it should resolve all these issues. Thanks for spotting. Keep it up. Hopefully no more but if there are please keep pointing them out. The app should look much better in every language across the board now.

Expect a new Beta shortly. Any non-English speakers too please help translate anything you still see in English in the app for your language. Those strings are on OneSky to help translate (the all apps and Roku strings - this app uses two sets of JSON). The reason those are still English is we need you. Thanks. ;)

help translate here: https://oshotim.ones.../collaboration/ ( All Apps & Roku .. thanks )

How long should it be to get this new beta out. I know it has only been a day since this post but you know how my patience quotient is. ;) :)

EDIT: Well, right after this post (no more than 15 seconds) it appears in my "check for updates." Thanks!!

EDIT 2: It is fixed. Thanks again!!

Edited by Gilgamesh_48, 23 May 2019 - 04:31 PM.

• skidmarks likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users