Asynchronous socket Issue

Erv

Hello,

I keep getting these Asynchronous Socket Errors, it wont let me use the identify feature, use to not apply my premiere key (kept saying invalid key) but somehow I got past that just recently. I have attached the logs

Here is the error I keep seeing -

InnerException: System.InvalidOperationException: An asynchronous socket operation is already in progress using this SocketAsyncEventArgs instance.
Edited by Erv

Hi there, you could try rebooting your machine. Beyond that I would check your network configuration. Something is probably blocking the outgoing traffic.

Yeah have rebooted it, and I thought the same thing about something being blocked. But the thing is, when I restart the emby service, I can identify and things work as intended, but at some point within about 30 mins it will just stop working, and will throw those errors.

Edited by Erv

I see you setup a windows service. Try not running that way and see how it compares. thanks.

I'm sorry I used the wrong word, this is on Linux. I mean when I restart the emby server through a Linux command.

I'm sorry I used the wrong word, this is on Linux. I mean when I restart the emby server through a Linux command.

Sorry, ignore that, i must have been looking at the wrong user log.

So what do you think then? I have contacted my server host support and this is the reply they gave me.

Hello,

We've been looking into this, and it's looking like it might be an Emby bug. HTTP connections in general aren't being blocked on the server (and it doesn't appear to be affecting everyone's Emby instance that has a server with us). You mgiht need to raise the logs with them and see what they make of it.

I think this is an issue in the .NET core runtime. I found a couple tickets related to it:

https://github.com/dotnet/corefx/issues/32971

https://github.com/dotnet/corefx/issues/33094

It looks like the fix will be in .NET Core 3.0, although that won't release until later this year. If we can find what causes it in the first place, maybe we can come up with a workaround.

So I have been playing with this issue for a bit, and it seems like I am getting something similar to the audiodb error you guys disabled in linux.

I keep getting these -

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (98): Address already in use

And I think they might be related and/or causing my issue. It takes a little bit for my issue to happen, almost like these errors are just filling up and causing my identify or downloading of meta data to fail out. I turned on debug logging. censored IP/Hostname, attached.

emby.log

Edited by Erv

So I have been playing with this issue for a bit, and it seems like I am getting something similar to the audiodb error you guys disabled in linux.

I keep getting these -

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (98): Address already in use

And I think they might be related and/or causing my issue. It takes a little bit for my issue to happen, almost like these errors are just filling up and causing my identify or downloading of meta data to fail out. I turned on debug logging. censored IP/Hostname, attached.

@@Erv, did you read my previous post? The explanation is there. But if you want to try the beta server, we added a workaround.  Keep in mind this has nothing to do with downloading of metadata or the identify feature. This is related to the Dlna feature, and only that.

Thanks.

Hello,

I did read your previous post, it just seems that no one else is really complaining about this. I have installed the beta, what is the workaround because its still happening to me. Also, I had uninstalled the DLNA plugin but it still persisted after a reboot, on beta or general release. I get it has nothing to do with the downloading of metadata/identify, its just the most used feature on my end and I can find when it starts happening by using that.

Hello,

I did read your previous post, it just seems that no one else is really complaining about this. I have installed the beta, what is the workaround because its still happening to me. Also, I had uninstalled the DLNA plugin but it still persisted after a reboot, on beta or general release. I get it has nothing to do with the downloading of metadata/identify, its just the most used feature on my end and I can find when it starts happening by using that.

Please attach the emby server log. thanks.

Unfortunately that is a different issue in the netcore runtime, although luckily it's only affecting a few people. I'll look around and see if there's any workaround we might be able to try.

• Like 1