Leaving you... again, because performance

jmariani

jmariani

I tried Emby server 3x, and the performance while accessing the library was unacceptable (with a 2GB library.db, it took about an hour for Emby to start up).

Now I'm trying Emby 4x, and the issue persists.

I will give you another try when 5x is published. Maybe it's fixed by that time.

Cheers.

Hi there, what performance issue are you having? We're happy to help.

jmariani

Well, several issues:

• When I exit the server from the menubar icon or from the web app, it leaves an "EmbyServer" process running, which prevents opening it again. I have to kill it from Activity Monitor.
  • If I add or touch a folder, it takes a whole 5 minutes to start the scan (Sometimes never starts). But instead of scanning that folder, Emby scans all the parent sibling folders also. (e.g. if I add a folder under "Bach", scans all the sibling folders of Bach, like Beethoven, Balakirev, Bartok, etc.; instead of just scanning the newly one).
  • Usually there's a 5 to 10 second gap between songs
  • Several times, when starting (or restarting) the server, the webpage shows up and never finishes loading. (Black screen, not even the colored circle of death).
  • I exported a playlist to m3u into a folder within the library tree.
  • If I connect from another computer using "app.emby.media" and try to remote control, I only have a black screen like this:
  • 5ce379a8f0c5b_ScreenShot20190520at230605

I'm on a Mac Mini 2012 (16GB RAM) with Mojave.

jmariani

Here's a log and screenshot of the "Several times, when starting (or restarting) the server, the webpage shows up and never finishes loading. (Black screen, not even the colored circle of death)." issue.

Was running for ten minutes.

5ce4d698dbaf7_RemoteDesktopPictureemMay2

• 1 month later...

Hi, you mentioned this in your list of issues:

I exported a playlist to m3u into a folder within the library tree.

What do you mean by this exactly?

Several times, when starting (or restarting) the server, the webpage shows up and never finishes loading. (Black screen, not even the colored circle of death).

Performance should be greatly improved with the upcoming 4.2 release. Thanks.