Library rename causes Collections to disappear

kryptonking

kryptonking

I renamed one of my libraries (from Animated - Movies to Movies - Animated), but it seems that it now cannot detect my collections. The collections are still showing in the user folder (C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\collections) and if I look at any of the XML files they still show all the proper paths to the media.

When viewing my library through the My Media section on the web app, if I go over the Collections tab there is nothing there. I'm on the latest version of the server (4.1.1.0)

Happy2Play

Has a library scan finished since you renamed the library?  As Renaming a library is just as destructive as removing and re-adding the library.

kryptonking

Has a library scan finished since you renamed the library?  As Renaming a library is just as destructive as removing and re-adding the library.

Yes, I even initiated one myself (a couple times actually) just to make sure. It made no difference.

Happy2Play

Not sure then as I just renamed a library on my test stable system and all collections returned after the library scan was finished.  Do you use the Auto Boxset plugin or are all your collections created manually?

kryptonking

Not sure then as I just renamed a library on my test stable system and all collections returned after the library scan was finished.  Do you use the Auto Boxset plugin or are all your collections created manually?

I've never used that plugin before, everything was created manually.

If I add one of the items to a collection with the same name as it was before (e.g. Pixar Collection), it adds it and the collection comes back. However, now there are duplicates of this collection in the collection drop down (the drop down that comes up when you choose to add something to a collection). But when I look in the collections folder on my hard drive, it's still only listed once. In the XML file now, there's only the one entry that I just added and everything that was there before is now gone.

Edited by kryptonking

Happy2Play

I've never used that plugin before, everything was created manually.

If I add one of the items to a collection with the same name as it was before (e.g. Pixar Collection), it adds it and the collection comes back. However, now there are duplicates of this collection in the collection drop down (the drop down that comes up when you choose to add something to a collection). But when I look in the collections folder on my hard drive, it's still only listed once. In the XML file now, there's only the one entry that I just added and everything that was there before is now gone.

With a test without the Auto Boxset plugin I see this behavior.  If you go to Dashboard-Library-select the Collections library and select scan library, then Search for missing metadata the collections should return.  As least they did in my test. 

@@Luke Doesn't look like Collections Library get Refreshed during a library scan?  I can only assume this only happens with the Auto Boxset plugin.  (Think we have discussed this before)

Steps taken

Removed Auto Boxset plugin

Renamed movie library via Libraries

Auto scan completed - no collections were identified ever though they exist in \data\collections

Performed additional Scan All Libraries no change

Performed Library scan on Collections library (Search for new and updated files) no change

Performed Library scan on Collections library (Search for missing metadata) collections returned

Also repeated steps and Performed Library scan on Collections library (Replace all metadata) collection returned

Note my test was on Collections that were generated by the plugin, have not verified Custom/Manual collections returning all content properly.

*A quick test adding items to a Misc Collection were returned with the process above.

Edited by Happy2Play
added process

Happy2Play

Do they show up in the metadata manager?

Yes and Search for missing metadata or Replace all metadata can bring them back one by one.

Happy2Play

I've been using Emby since the beginning.

Do the steps in post 6 return your Collections?

kryptonking

Do the steps in post 6 return your Collections?

Yes.

I also discovered that if I move a collection folder to a temp space on my hard drive, perform a library scan, move the collection back to it's normal collection and then perform another library scan, it comes back within emby.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad that has restored your collections. I will try to find out why it happened in the first place.