TV Shows Naming / Networks /Genres

deganza

deganza

If I load a library as content type "TV-Shows" I get the following picture.

The naming convention for TV-Shows is explicated here.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV%20naming

But how it's possible to name the TV-Shows so that emby knows on which station the programm was broadcasted?

On the menu point Networks it should than be possible to see the stations.

5ce25e021adac_image.png

GrimReaper

If I load a library as content type "TV-Shows" I get the following picture.

The naming convention for TV-Shows is explicated here.

But how it's possible to name the TV-Shows so that emby knows on which station the programm was broadcasted?

On the menu point Networks it should than be possible to see the stations.

5ce25e021adac_image.png

That is usually populated automatically when refreshing metadata from the internet. Even if not, you can assign it yourself by editing Metadata. However, there looks to be some mis-naming in your folder structure if THAT is what you got after library scan. Could you show us a screenshot of your TV shows folder?

Cheers

deganza

That is usually populated automatically when refreshing metadata from the internet. Even if not, you can assign it yourself by editing Metadata. However, there looks to be some mis-naming in your folder structure if THAT is what you got after library scan. Could you show us a screenshot of your TV shows folder?

Cheers

ok, I get it now. I'm using tvheadend as tvserver to record the programms. Should I record the programms in a folder (for exmaple Title) and in that folder save the different episodes with the following naming (here an example):

Title-S3-E3

without the information of the channel or would it help, if there is also the channel-information in the title? Something like Title-S3-E3-Channel

Because I've a lot of programms from Channels of Switzerland which are not covered well whether in TVDB nor in IMDB.

GrimReaper

ok, I get it now. I'm using tvheadend as tvserver to record the programms. Should I record the programms in a folder (for exmaple Title) and in that folder save the different episodes with the following naming (here an example):

Title-S3-E3

without the information of the channel or would it help, if there is also the channel-information in the title? Something like Title-S3-E3-Channel

Because I've a lot of programms from Channels of Switzerland which are not covered well whether in TVDB nor in IMDB.

In general, you don't put delimiter between Season and Episode, so for example, your format might be:

Title - S03E03

Title S03E03

Title.S03E03

Wiki is quite extensive on supported naming conventions, choose any of those.

And no, Channel in filename won't make any difference, everything after Season/Episode is largely ignored (It can be Episode name or codec or Video/Audio info or Scene release etc...).

Cheers

Edited by GrimReaper76

deganza

In general, you don't put delimiter between Season and Episode, so for example, your format might be:

Title - S03E03

Title S03E03

Title.S03E03

Wiki is quite extensive on supported naming conventions, choose any of those.

And no, Channel in filename won't make any difference, everything after Season/Episode is largely ignored (It can be Episode name or codec or Video/Audio info or Scene release etc...).

Cheers

ok, thank you!