FF and RW Fucntions not Working Casting to Chromecast

jbowen73

jbowen73

When I use the Android app to cast to Chromecast there seems to be no fine tuning, in other words the FF and RW buttons don't work.  I have a Samsung Galaxy 8 and those functions don't work when casting.  I can use the Slider bar but it's impossible to fine tune ie. skip 30 seconds rewind 10.  If I use the APP without casting they work fine on my device.

hshah

This is basically what I detailed here:
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/70582-no-gear-icon-for-aspect-ration-adjustment-when-playing-syncd-media/#entry742734

Any particular reason for it being separate, rather than just the settings button you usually see and have the option to select the bitrate? I could be missing something blatant here but why not keep everything static and just "move" the video?

Below are views when watching something on the phone and then after it has been cast, at which point the phone becomes a remote control of sorts. However, I have lost:

Fast Forward
Rewind
Stats
Aspect Ratio
Subtitled
Quality
Playback Settings

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190516-052256_Emby.png
attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190516-052522_Emby.png

@@Luke, if the quality setting is available under the app's playback options then one would expect the other missing items to be available there as well. Also, in order for it to be remotely feasible/viable, any change to that setting needs should take affect immediately. I can't test it right this minute because my previous test actually resulted in the ChromeCast freezing and now it won't let me connect, but I have a feeling that it won't. Do I need to stop the stream, apply the setting and then restart it? If so, that would just be a chore because there is no feature to resume playback from where it left off.

How would I go about setting subtitles? In what manner would the forward and back buttons be used? Fast forward and rewind would make more sense.

I'm genuinely curious as to why you would deviate from a consistent design which would only benefit future development whilst being user friendly at the same time, and opt for the opposite and losing key functionality in the process.

When casting, there are no fast-forward or rewind buttons.  The only ones present are the previous and next ones, which seems to be little pointless.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...