Backup plugin does NOT save Emby connect users

RanmaCanada

RanmaCanada

Ok I just had to redo my OS due to an SSD failure, and I decided to use the backup plugin as it's what the admins and everyone suggest to use.  It doesn't work completely.  It saved my config and my library, but NONE of my users have been saved.  No one who was invited with emby connect is there, and I will have to send invites out to every single person, IF I still have a screen shot of them all.  How the T#E®(*& can this be a backup plugin if it doesn't back up the MOST FREAKING IMPORTANT ITEM?

Seriously.  If this is a community plugin, or a dev based one, can we please have this addressed.  Sending out umpteen invites again and having to tell people to look for them is a pain.  This should be as simple as doing the backup and restoring it and having things as if they never changed.

Please?

It's a little tricky because once you reinstall it becomes a brand new server installation and there are security implications that would need to be worked out before we could integrate that into the backup plugin. I apologize for the inconvenience.

RanmaCanada

Would it not just be as simple as backing up the user.db and it's associated files?  I now that if I manually backup the entire server directory I can just copy that back to another install of windows and it will work perfectly fine (I have had to do this before).  

If you do that, the users will get backed up, just not the Connect association.

• 4 weeks later...

So your saying if you did that you would restore the local users? Would i not as a server admin be able to link them to the correct emby connect accounts?

Becose that is an option on local accounts.

Yes we do, and yes you would be able to do that. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1