Emby 4.0+ Collections a mess

jriker1

jriker1

You definitely have a issue somewhere as your movie items are presenting Collection images, and questionable metadata as the item itself does not have a collectionid link?  Where does the "themoviedb" take you for 28 Weeks Later?

What is your folder structure for 28 Days/Weeks Later Colllection?

Thanks for the reply.  It's taking me to:  https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/1565-28-days-weeks-later-collection

Structure is:

28 Days Later Collection [boxSet] [tmdbid=1565]

- 28 Days Later... (2002)

- Then  movie in this folder.

- 28 Weeks Later (2007)

I think during the move from Emby 3 to 4 it applied for example above, 1565, to each of the individual movies metadata?

Thanks

JR

Edited by jriker1

Happy2Play

Thanks for the reply.  It's taking me to:  https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/1565-28-days-weeks-later-collection

Structure is:

- 28 Weeks Later (2007)

I think during the move from Emby 3 to 4 it applied for example above, 1565, to each of the individual movies metadata?

Thanks

JR

This is reproducible, but legacy boxsets are no longer supported.  In this case the "tmdbid" in the name is causing the issue on sub-folder items.

You end up with a correct IMDBid and the Collectionid from TMDB for the each item in that nested folder. @@Luke

​So all of your legacy collections with this naming scheme will require manual intervention on every movie in there folders to get the right tmdbid.

Edited by Happy2Play

Deathsquirrel

Structure is:

- 28 Weeks Later (2007)

Thanks

JR

Support for that format for collections ended with v4 IIRC and hasn't been actively tested for a very long time before that.

1. Remove the autoboxset plugin if it's installed
  2. Move the movie folders to the same root folder with any other movies you have:

\\server\share\28 Days Later... (2002)\28 Days Later... (2002).mkv

\\server\share\28 Weeks Later (2007)\28 Weeks Later (2007).mkv

3. Run a library scan.
  4. Check your actual collections folder in the emby server install and make sure the collections records there are gone.  By default this would be c:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections.  Delete the contents of that folder or, if you have custom collection images you want to easily reuse, drag them to a temp folder of your choice.
  5. Run a libary scan (probably not needed but I'm a thorough person)
  6. Install the autoboxset plugin
  7. Restart Emby
  8. Run a library scan to create your new collections
  9. Edit the default collections as needed to match your preferences.
  10. OPTIONAL - Uninstall autoboxset plugin.  I prefer to not leave this plugin live and working at the whims of the people contributing to TMDB.
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

Legacy structure can be maintained, but you will have to loose the tmdbid in the Collection naming scheme.

I already tested just removing the [tmdbid=1565] and performing a library scan and items appeared properly.  Note my test was on a no nfo, no image with media test library.

Edited by Happy2Play

This is reproducible, but legacy boxsets are no longer supported.  In this case the "tmdbid" in the name is causing the issue on sub-folder items.

You end up with a correct IMDBid and the Collectionid from TMDB for the each item in that nested folder. @@Luke

​So all of your legacy collections with this naming scheme will require manual intervention on every movie in there folders to get the right tmdbid.

Ah yes, that will be a problem because it uses the whole path to look for a TmdbId. So the movie will end up with the TmdbId of the collection.

jriker1

OK trying the least impactful right now.  I removed the tmdbid from the folder collection name.  Then went in and deleted all legacy and whatever files.  Basically ANYTHING that Emby created back in the day I removed.  Just leaving the movie and sub.  This is going to take me a week or two to do, but I got started.  Looked OK as it refreshed.  Came home just now and took a look and BAMN!!!!  Can you see a problem again but it's all of the new ones?

5ce5c440486a8_duplicate.png

Note I have NO boxset plugins installed right now.

JR

Edited by jriker1

jriker1

Also note I just deleted any reference to [boxSet] and [tmdbid=] from all my folders and deleted the 

\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\collections

folder.  Any thoughts on what next?  Note if possible hate to move the movies out of each root Collection folder as then will be hard to see visually on the hard drive which movies go to what.

Thanks.

JR

Edited by jriker1

Happy2Play

Are the paths the same to each duplicated Collections?  right click-edit metadata

Do duplicates also show in Metadata Manager?

You shouldn't have to flatten your folder structure.  All my test systems and stable and beta server have legacy/nested collection folders.

jriker1

Are the paths the same to each duplicated Collections?  right click-edit metadata

Do duplicates also show in Metadata Manager?

You shouldn't have to flatten your folder structure.  All my test systems and stable and beta server have legacy/nested collection folders.

Yes they are the same.  I blew the whole thing away, deleted all jpg files, all png, all xml, all xdata or whatever, all extrathumbs and the other extra folders and am regenerating all the metadata right now for the movies.  Right now because of this can't check metadata manager.  Once that is done, not sure the "right" way to bring back the collections.  Manual or a plugin or what.  A bit concerned after 4 hours yesterday manually recreating the collections to find it duplicated everything I did the next morning.  Hate to have that happen again.

Should also say going thru my collections on the hard drive and eliminating the [boxSet] references from the folders, that Emby seems like it created similar folders with png files in them but only in a few cases.  Still annoying.

Thanks.

JR

Edited by jriker1

jriker1

OK that sucked.  I removed them all, deleted the content of the collections folder, deleted the [boxset] reference also, refreshed ever refresh option there was. Let it sit for a while with no collections.  Then enabled the auto collection functionality.  It created the collections and seems to be holding.  One odd thing the sorting is all wacked out.  Like why is Hangover where it is, and The Marine, etc?

5ce81249daa23_sorting.png

Thanks

JR

Happy2Play

What server version?  There is a topic in the testing area on this it this id a beta server 4.2.0.6/7.

jriker1

Thanks Yeah, looks like the fix is to manually resave metadata for any movie, tv show, collection that has a The or an A at the beginning of it after updating.  Painful in addition to the above pain.

JR