Emby 4.0+ Collections a mess

jriker1

jriker1

I updated from Emby Server 3.something to the latest 4.something today.  And also updated the MCE add-on if there was an update.  I still use the [boxSet] folder layout from before.  Since the update in the XBox 360 all the shows show in the main view.  No more top level collection view with the individual movies in them.  i know here BoxSet and Collections are considered different and technically BoxSet is no longer the way to go but been using Emby forever and didn't want to take all my BoxSet folders and move everything to the top.

Thanks.

JR

jriker1

Yeah most likely.  I do not even see the Legacy view anymore in the config menu.  Can someone walk me thru what I would need to do with all these boxset folders and then in the config of Emby in order to make my folders a mess (consider it a mess because think I have to get rid of all my BoxSet folders and put all movies in the root) and get the Collections working?

Thanks.

JR

jriker1

Couldn't' you just use the web interface to create new collections?

Sure other than the quantity of them.  James Bond episodes alone would be a challenge to find them all manually and put them into a collection.  The Auto Collection plugin doesn't deal with this without flattening out the folders does it?

EDIT:  If I did manually create these collections, will they all be merged like they were before with the [boxSet] when scrolling thru the individual Movies area or will they still be listed individually?

Thanks.

JR

Edited by jriker1

Auto box sets should still work for you and, yes, they will be collapsed if you turn on that option.

jriker1

I installed it but doesn't seem to do much.  I manually set about 15 of my hundreds of box sets, and there were a few that this tool must have created.  Is there a place you can run or set settings on the auto box set plugin?  Or see what it's doing?  Or requirements to get it to process things right?

Thanks.

JR

jriker1

Thanks so I have the Auto BoxSet on which didn't do a lot.  And also manually created most of them again.  Now for the new problem which sure part of can't be fixed:

1. I now have 2 top level collection folders for about 80% of the boxsets.

2. ALL of my boxsets are now marked as unwatched.

JR

Thanks so I have the Auto BoxSet on which didn't do a lot.

There are requirements for it to work, and they are discussed in the wiki link above. did you check that out?

I now have 2 top level collection folders for about 80% of the boxsets.

I can't quite visualize this. What exactly do you mean? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
jriker1

Open Emby on the XBox 360

It defaults to Collections

I have two X-Men  Collection folders

I have two Triple X collection folders

Two Wolverine folders

Universal Soldier Quadrilogy shows once.

Underworld Collection shows once

Star Wars collection shows three times

They are all the same count and the same movies in each.

And by the way, it keeps saying "The Emby Server needs to re-start to apply an update.  Restart now?"  I've done this like 20 time.

JR

And by the way, it keeps saying "The Emby Server needs to re-start to apply an update.  Restart now?"  I've done this like 20 time.

Try shutting down Emby Server, and then install the update from the website manually on top of your existing version.

jriker1

Looks like it.  Other than the restart message no longer showing, still same deal.  Odd that rebooting the physical server doesn't work, you literally have to "Reboot" Emby thru the web console.

JR

So be sure you update to the beta version of EMC if you have the latest server.

Then, at that point, it looks like any issues are going to be related to server migration and how you have configured your library so please report those in a new thread in the server forum (if there still are any).

Thanks!

jriker1

Been talking about this in the MCE forum but was told if the beta server didn't fix it to start posting the issues here.

First issue:  I keep getting requests to restart the server.  Even though I restart my physical server and also manually thru the gui Emby I still see

Pending Installations:

The following components have been installed or updated:

MovieDb (1.1.3)

Please restart the server to finish applying updates.

Second Issue:  There are duplicates of a number of the Collections.  Not the original [boxSet] way of doing collections no longer worked so had to manually recreate them all.  Real pain but when done about 2/3 of them were duplicated.

5ce07905e8748_collections.png

Issue Three:  Any movie that is part of a collection, the Cast says:  No Cast Information.  Any movie that is singular shows the cast info.  Should note that in the web console the cast info is there, but in XBox 360 it's missing but just for the Collection shows.

Issue Four:  After the migration from 3 to 4 all my collection movies even though they were no longer in a collection, now showed as unwatched.  Real pain.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

JR

Edited by jriker1

Issue Three:  Any movie that is part of a collection, the Cast says:  No Cast Information.  Any movie that is singular shows the cast info.  Should note that in the web console the cast info is there, but in XBox 360 it's missing but just for the Collection shows.

hi there, can you try refreshing the metadata on one of these movies and see if that pulls in a cast? thanks.

Second Issue:  There are duplicates of a number of the Collections.  Not the original [boxSet] way of doing collections no longer worked so had to manually recreate them all.  Real pain but when done about 2/3 of them were duplicated.

Do you have the autoboxsets plugin installed? If yes, try uninstalling that, then restart the server and delete the duplicates.

jriker1

The cast is there in the web interface for the new collections setup just doesn't show in the XBox 360.  All singular movies show the cast fine.

I removed the autoboxset plugin the other day.  I am not sure if I can delete the duplicates or which one to delete.  When I go to delete them from the web interface it sounds like it's going to delete the movies along with it.  Says:

Deleting this item will delete it from both the file system and your media library.

Note highlight the black above that's how it shows from the website but highlighting the above will show the text.

Is that OK?

Thanks.

JR

Edited by jriker1

jriker1

OK I took a shot.  I wiped the duplicates and even though each dup pointed to the same path, it only removed one. 

I also did a full refresh of the metadata and images.  Tried both just in the Collections group and in the Movies group.  Now there are NO Cast & Crew in any movie that's part of a collection.  Any movie that isn't shows the Cast & Crew.

JR

Happy2Play

Can you show a screenshot of what you are referring to.

Collections them selves do not have Cast and Crew only the individual items do.

jriker1

Here are two problems I have now.  After refreshing the metadata fully including replacing all images, a lot of collections have one image across all movies.  See below:

5ce34fe93bc9f_collectionimages.png

Then besides the wrong image for the movie itself, I have no Cast & Crew.  All my movies that are singular have them.

5ce35094d77dd_no_cast.png

Thanks JR

Happy2Play

Here are two problems I have now.  After refreshing the metadata fully including replacing all images, a lot of collections have one image across all movies.  See below:

5ce34fe93bc9f_collectionimages.png

Then besides the wrong image for the movie itself, I have no Cast & Crew.  All my movies that are singular have them.

5ce35094d77dd_no_cast.png

Thanks JR

You definitely have a issue somewhere as your movie items are presenting Collection images, and questionable metadata as the item itself does not have a collectionid link?  Where does the "themoviedb" take you for 28 Weeks Later?

What is your folder structure for 28 Days/Weeks Later Colllection?