Emby Theater for Windows will not start after Windows update

NudgerSelby

NudgerSelby

I'm having a frustrating problem with Emby Theater that I believe is related to the latest Windows 10 update.  I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1809 build 17763.475 and ET 3.0.8 Emby server 4.1.1.0

The issue is ET will not start and is stuck on a black screen indefinitely.  I've attached the server and ET logs. I've reviewed past posts on this issue and tried the various methods to resolve to no avail including the DCOM permissions fix for error 10016 which appears in the windows event logs at the every time I start ET - 

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}  and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
 to the user xxx\zzz SID (S-1-5-21-3761604400-2987783148-3215610820-1002) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool

The web interface is working perfectly. 

Any clues as to what could be causing this ? 

theater-63693809593.txt

embyserver.txt

NudgerSelby

Thanks

I read this thread prior to posting. Tried the options suggested including full uninstall and reinstall of Emby server and theater, display and network drivers etc. Also tried the DCOM permissions update. No luck unfortunately.

Access to the server from other devices is fine including other windows machines running ET  Its just the locally installed ET that has a problem.  

NudgerSelby

This problem appears to be related to the latest Win10 upgrade on this particular machine. Two other machines with exactly the same software config are working fine.

Ran recovery and reinstalled everything and ET is working again... go figure!