Jerky experience in the guide

rykr

rykr

When I'm scrolling horizontally through the grid it very jumps erratically when I go up or down a channel.  Rather than smoothly going down to the next channel row it will very often jump back or foward in time.  Soemtimes I lose where I am in the grid briefly.

To repeat, simply scroll horizontally than go up or down a channel row.  

Hi.  What, exactly, does the program data look like?  Are there gaps in the information or lots of very long programs?

The Android system is a little too smart for its own good sometimes.  I believe the issue here (although guessing a bit without any images) is where you have short programs on one channel and then very long ones an adjacent one.  As you attempt to navigate from the short to the long, the system tries to land you on the item that is closest to the "middle" of the item you are coming from and that may then require the view to be scrolled depending on its exact position.  Then that has now changed the "middle" point for the system to determine the next place you end up when you navigate again.  This can result in the guide window moving about a bit as you traverse.

Any attempt to circumvent this behavior so far has resulted in performance penalties we're not willing to accept but we're always looking for other ways to improve it.

Does that sound like what is happening for you?