Movies Now

Movies Now

Hi,

Paid the $5 installed the Plugin,

Entered the IP address of the server,
Set up account w/paid subscription with Playon TV
Plugin has empty folders no streaming content meta data.

The error message I get" You have not set your IP in the Configuration Settings"

Any help would be appreciated. 

Movies Now

Just added my Ip of the machine playon is installed on 

still the same results.

What am I missing?

Movies Now

Hi,

Paid the $5 installed the Plugin,

Entered the IP address of the server,
Set up account w/paid subscription with Playon TV (Desktop)
Plugin has playback error, empty main folders no streaming content meta data.

The error message I get" You have not set your IP in the Configuration Settings"

I have set up my  IP, still same issue.

Any help would be appreciated. 

• 2 months later...
jfjester@gmail.com

I'm also having the same issue with playon not working correctly,  It works directly from playon to other devices, but not through emby. 

I'm also having the same issue with playon not working correctly,  It works directly from playon to other devices, but not through emby. 

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about this. Please send a message to the developer, @@snazy2000. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I'm also having the same issue with playon not working correctly,  It works directly from playon to other devices, but not through emby. . I input the playon ip and  then when i restart emby and click on playon . i go into the categories and all i get is 

I messaged @snazzy200  but havent got a reply yet 

Has anybody got it to work. 

• 1 month later...

I am trying to clear the playon emby cache folder because it is showing all my old playon recording folders before I cleared everything out but it still shows them. I changed the number & rebooted but it still shows the folders. There really are not settings to change & there seems to be always issues with this plug in, maybe its time to update the app?

• Like 1

guachibo

Hey,

Same issue here, what I pity I didn't find this post before purchasing the plugin. I have been cheated too.

The plugin doesn't work at all after paying 5 bucks.

i want my money back.

• 4 weeks later...
Mikelagase

I just installed and configured the IP for the plugin and I only receive the following error: First time user and the experience has not been great thus far as I cannot seem to get it working. 

You have not set your IP in the Configuration Settings

In the logs I see the following error. 

System.UriFormatException: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
     at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
     at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.GetConnectionContextInternal(HttpRequestOptions options)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
     at MediaBrowser.Channels.PlayOn.Channel.GetChannelItemMediaInfo(String id, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetChannelItemMediaSourcesInternal(IRequiresMediaInfoCallback channel, String id, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetDynamicMediaSources(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.GetDynamicMediaSources(BaseItem item, IMediaSourceProvider provider, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: System.Private.Uri

Mikelagase

Thanks, I haven't seen any responses from him even in this thread. Is he still working on this plugin?

UPDATE: So I tried this again today and now I click on All and I now see my channels in Playon. If I try to play anything, it comes up with a playback error that there are no compatible streams available to play. I'll take a look at the logs but so far the experience has not been that great. 

Edited by Mikelagase

• 4 weeks later...
all4dom

Luke did you ever speak with snazzy about fixing or updating playon? It's important that playon works for me because this is my DVR solution. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I see an update soon.

all4dom

I would be willing to pay more for the plug in if it works right out of the box & is maintained. It really does enhance emby for people who can not get ota channels & use the emby dvr.

Luke did you ever speak with snazzy about fixing or updating playon? It's important that playon works for me because this is my DVR solution. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I see an update soon.

He is the author of the plugin and therefore is the first line of defense for troubleshooting. So please see him. If he thinks something is a server issue, then he can come to me and I'll be happy to work with him, but I cannot personally handle troubleshooting responsibilities for him.

all4dom

Ok luke. I may wait because im.thinking of switching my server hd to an ssd so I'll see if playon plays nice as a mew install.

earratia14

Just to add my voice to the conversation, I'm having this same issue.

Worth noting that I'm trying to get the plug-in to work on a Emby server with no Premiere key. The server which does have a Premiere key has had its Playon plugin 14 day trial period expire.

• I've setup a brand new "Test" Emby server (no Premiere key) with nothing on it other than 1 music library and the PlayOn plugin.
  • The PlayOn server runs on the same machine. The OS is Windows 8.1. There is no firewall on the machine itself (disabled the OS firewall).
  •  It shouldn't matter what the settings are for the network's firewall/router since Emby and PlayOn are running on the same box, but just to eliminate this as a possiblity I enabled mobile access on the PlayOn server and made sure to open up the port; clicking on the Test button of the Diagnostic Information of the PlayOn server gives me a "Passed" response.
  • In Emby, on the PlayOn IP configuration setting, I've tried all the following options with the same results:
    - 127.0.0.1:57331
    - http://127.0.0.1
    - http://127.0.0.1:57331
    - 192.168.2.16:57331
    - http://192.168.2.16
    - http://192.168.2.16:57331
  • Between each attempt I have cleared the Cache and restarted the Emby server
  • As soon as I navigate into the PlayOn icon in "My Media" (home page) I get a bunch of different messages in the EmbyServer log, all with this exception:
    System.UriFormatException: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

I've sent a PM to @@snazy2000.

I'd love to get this to work. I'll gladly pay for the plugin, but I'd like to know it will work.

Thanks!

earratia14

Well, the update on this is that at least we are more or less past the initial error of Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed. That being said it is still not working properly.

So @@snazy2000 had me follow these steps:

• Shutdown the Emby server
  • Go to the ~AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\configurations folder and delete the MediaBrowser.Channels.PlayOn.xml file.
  • Start Emby again
  • Go to the server configuration, plugins, PlayOn config and enter 127.0.0.1 on the PlayOn IP text box (my PlayOn server runs on the same machine as the Emby server, otherwise enter the appropriate IP for your own server).
  • Go to Scheduled Tasks and execute the Refresh Internet Channels task.

At this point Emby is hitting the PlayOn server and pulling channels and programming just fine. So things are looking up.

After about 2 hours something happened (don't know what, this is the current issue) and the Emby log shows timeouts while it is continuing to pull data from PlayOn. After a few timeout errors we again see the URI errors and then the Refresh task stopped.

Regardless, I decided to try to playback something from Netflix. Went to Home, then PlayOn, All, this time I could see my channels (before I only saw the one icon telling me that I had not yet entered the server's IP. I selected Netflix and then a movie. Playback seemed to start but eventually failed with the error "No compatible streams are currently available".

It is late at night were Snazy lives, so I won't be able to work with him until tomorrow. For now, I'm trying one more time following the same steps. However, the difference now is that I've removed all channels on the PlayOn server config except for Netflix. Hopefully this way I won't hit that timeout error.