Numbers of movies count

OlivetIsa

OlivetIsa

Hi,

would it be possible to implement at the top of movies main page the total number of movies on the server, it always nice to know how your collection is growing.

Here is a screenshot coming from my Plex Dashboard but I don't wanna use Plex anymore ;)

post-387367-0-51873300-1558049255_thumb.png

• Like 3

Happy2Play

It will come back. Just not until we have virtual scrolling.

• Like 1

ErikaJ

So virtual scrolling like hitting the "K" key in order to skip a bunch of items and get to the "K" content of items? Or something else?

• Like 1

x88dually

Why did you take the counters out ?

When are the counters coming back ?

Last night my wife and i were watching TV, we're scrolling thru the TV list, my wife asked me, " how many TV shows do we have now ? ". I said " i have no clue ", hold on.

So i backed out of were we were, into dashboard, down to reports or stats, to find the number " we have 2127 tv shows and 4086 for movies. Then i clicked the home button on the top left, looked at the clock, and it took 6 minutes for the screen to populate, then i clicked on tv shows, watched the round spinning circle for 4 minutes. My wife asked why i did all that when we never has to before ? i said " the geinuses at emby decided they dont want us to see the counter anymore, so we have to go thru all thru nonsense just to know how much is in our library because we have to have the latest version or our roku's and andriods wont be able to use emby any,more. She asked are we gonna find different software like makes things easier on us ?

SOO, are the counters coming back   ??????

Counters aren't going anywhere.

The web app is going through migration. From paging to virtual scrolling. Part of this means the counter is going to come back. It isn't there presently because paging is going away. Be glad. Paging is a horrible way to browse. It isn't intuitive and always requires an extra keypress. Simply navigate to the bottom and more load is how virtual scrolling works.. move to the bottom again and more keep loading.. more keep loading.. The same way it works pretty much on the Roku. The Roku has counts. If this were across the board the Roku would remove counts too. That isn't happening. The web app is just going through changes. Part of those changes introduce virtual scrolling. When that happens fully the counts are coming back and better than before. They will now be able to adapt to filters and such those counts. 

In the meantime the reports section of the web app works to show counts. The apps themselves still show counts. There really is no reason to get offended or angry. @@Luke make a post addressing this and said it was coming back and just hasn't gotten there yet. This might be jarring but it is what it is. You cannot change without things like this happening. Remember change is good. Change means the future is coming.

Tell your wife we apologize she isn't seeing counts on the web app. They will be coming back. She will be able to know exactly how much media she has at any given moment when browsing the web app. It will just take a little more time. We are people just like she is. We can't just snap our fingers and say "Genie! I wish we had counts back!". We don't know where the cave is that has the magical mythical Genie lamp. Do you? Jafar would be the Genie possibly and we know how awful he is. Maybe it is better it stays lost for another ten thousand years.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

x88dually

Change is fine until you eliminate useful features.

The genie never should've taken the counters away in the first place.

So virtual scrolling like hitting the "K" key in order to skip a bunch of items and get to the "K" content of items? Or something else?

Virtual "paging" - meaning you just keep scrolling down and items keep filling in as opposed to moving from page to page with buttons.

Guest asrequested

You can do that in Theater. You can type the first three letters.

arrbee99

Would still be nice to know the connection between virtual scrolling and movie count.

Happy2Play

Would still be nice to know the connection between virtual scrolling and movie count.

Basically the entire rework of the library display.

• 1 month later...
x88dually

Well for 8 of those months i was on v3.5.3, and back up still is, but primary is on 4.1.1.0

Why were they taken out in the first place ? and why wont anyone answer that question ?

You're removing useful features and you wonder why people dont update the way you want them to.

You started with something good, and now you're ruining it.

Edited by x88dually

Spaceboy

I’m more confused by the fact that you seemingly watch tv on your pc in a browser?

Also you could just have 2 browser tabs open, one on stats, one on your tv library

Or use something like radarr/sonarr which are much more effective at “managing” media

I don’t dispute any of what you say although as I understand it the reason they were taken out in the first place is that they were inaccurate so you may have been kidding yourself that you knew anything in the first place. But sometimes you have to help yourself. Personally I wouldn’t rely on emby to do anything but play back media. Start from that perspective and you should be good. Rather than continually moaning about channel management (although I still enjoy giving a poke about the embarrassing lack of fulfilment of commitments) I and others have gone off and implemented xteve to fill the gap

• Like 2