Unable to play any video from homescreen - or previously/part watched videos.

cubed3d

cubed3d

Kodi for Raspberry Pi 3 B 18.2

Emby for Kodi 4.0.23a

Emby Server 4.1.1.0 (Running on Windows 10)

Only just started happening in the last day, but any time the Emby context menu appears (Play from start/resume from X) The video fails to load, so anything on the homescreen under continue watching, or anything under the 'Movies' subheading either part watched or fully watched also fails to play. Unwatched movies seem to play fine.

(Edit: just after creating log file, I attempted to play some other random Movies, unwatched, part watched, and completed and nothing played at all)

For troubleshooting I have done the following:

Restarted Emby Server

Restarted Kodi

Restarted Router

Restarted Server

Resinstalled Kodi & Emby for Kodi Addon

Completely removed local database and rebuilt.

Everything plays fine in a browser both locally and remotely.

I would appreciate any help at all. Thank you!

Logfile here (I hope) https://paste.kodi.tv/nuriqamego

Edit - Additional Logfile after trying another video both on Unwatched homescreen, and in Movies menu.

https://paste.kodi.tv/iyeliyobon

Edited by cubed3d

sualfred

Do you have something like Pi-hole or any other blocker running in your network?

Because raw.githubusercontent.com is not reachable from your Kodi setup. 

If yes, please whitelist this and any other github.com url.

cubed3d

Do you have something like Pi-hole or any other blocker running in your network?

Because raw.githubusercontent.com is not reachable from your Kodi setup. 

If yes, please whitelist this and any other github.com url.

Hi thanks for your reply!

Yes, I do run a pihole, and I believe one of the lists has that on its blacklist, so I've added github, its CDN and all it's subdomains and I'll give it another go.

Incidentally, switching back to Emby for Kodi 4.0.5 stable has it all working fine.

Edited by cubed3d

cubed3d

Thanks for replying!

I've restarted multiple times on all the clients (same devices, same versions etc..) to no avail. However I've since switched from add-on mode to native mode and reset database and everything is working ok, which is great for now but would prefer add-on mode (cinema, transcode etc).

If there is anything else you think I should try, I'm all ears!

Angelblue05

@@cubed3d

Please install this build, then can you retry with add-on playback mode? Let me know if there's any changes. Your issue is a weird one because it's complaining a function does not exists but it is most definitely there.

plugin.video.emby-4.0.23d.zip

• Like 1

cubed3d

Thanks again for the quick reply!

I have installed the newest build, reset database and rebuilt, some unusual things occured -

Upon first reset, I attempted to play a half-watched movie from the home screen - it started playing but immediately threw up a "failed to play one or more items error, despite playing fine in the background.

After that I tried multiple different videos, both from the homescreen and movies section, unwatched, watched and part watched, and all of them seemed to work OK.

I looked at the logs and noticed that it seems to fail when it attempts to play the movie using playlists, and falls back to native mode/direct play, is that expected behaviour?

Log is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/yanasayuyu

Again, thank you for your help :)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yeah the first play that showed that diaog, it's expected due to the previous playback failures. It should not happen again. Let me know if it does.

And yes, that is normal behavior for playback (it’s how we trick Kodi into seeing the directory). Glad it is working now!

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

abescalamis

I'm using the latest beta addon and sometimes I do see the same error "failed to play one or more items", its not a problem because it does it at times and it always works at the second try.

Angelblue05

I'm using the latest beta addon and sometimes I do see the same error "failed to play one or more items", its not a problem because it does it at times and it always works at the second try.

Can you provide your Kodi log when you see this? Thank you.

abescalamis

Can you provide your Kodi log when you see this? Thank you.

I will send you the log in a few hours when i get home.

• Like 1