Restart Emby Server - Scheduled Task

thekingswolf
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

chef

Yeah. I don't know what happened to the original version of this.

EDIT: Actually... it might have been blocked. Should I have done this?

I recreated it, and it works now.

thumb.jpg.0ed3268dab75fa238b6b11186a32f7ca.jpg

restart.thumb.png.6cf768d7af2001177e7b54f851df6ff1.png

DOWNLOAD: Restart_v1.zip

I realize the built in emby version will only restart when updates are available.

But, this will restart the server no matter who is using it, every day at 3:45 am (default).

Is that what you guys wanted. It could check for users being connected before restarting, and then wait for the next appropriate time to do it...

Edited by chef
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, chef said:

No! Something is absolutely wrong with this thing. 😆

It will not load cheese!

I updated all the nugets, added System.Memory, and the thing is broken somewhere.

I don't understand... 

🤦‍♂️ What is happening??

It is literally under a 1000 lines of code. 🤦‍♂️

Oh no! It’s the most simple thing ever. I hate stuff like this that has you chasing your tail for hours.

like escaping CLI args lol 😂 

yeah probably best to knock up a new one. I know you won’t need it but gimme a shout if you need anything.

ill take a look tomorrow anyways and see whats going on. 

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
39 minutes ago, chef said:

I realize the built in emby version will only restart when updates are available.

But, this will restart the server no matter who is using it, every day at 3:45 am (default).

Is that what you guys wanted. It could check for users being connected before restarting, and then wait for the next appropriate time to do it...

Awesome dude!! 

• 4 weeks later...
why_god_why
On 7/23/2022 at 9:07 PM, chef said:

What happened to the zip file? I have the same need. Emby CPU continuously spikes to near 90% if someone is watching a movie and it bogs down my NAS until the service restarts. This would be very handy.

jaycedk
On 24/07/2022 at 04:07, chef said:

Its in the thread :)

But here you go.

• 1 year later...

Does the manual installation of this plugin require more than placing the DLL file in the plugins folder and restarting the server? I have the Emby Server setup on a Mac, and I believe I put the file in the correct folder, but I do not see this plug in available after the restart. Do I need to do something else for this to show up?

Just now, cp41 said:

Does the manual installation of this plugin require more than placing the DLL file in the plugins folder and restarting the server? I have the Emby Server setup on a Mac, and I believe I put the file in the correct folder, but I do not see this plug in available after the restart. Do I need to do something else for this to show up?

HI, I don't know when this was last updated but there is a decent chance that it's no longer compatible with the latest version of the server and needs to be updated. Where did you put the file?

On my Mac, it is in /emby-server/plugins.

But I understand that is may be out of date by now. I was also looking for a way to schedule a restart (for use in automating the installation of my updated SSL certificate every 90 days).

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 1.16.05 PM.png

Edited by cp41

On 12/22/2023 at 1:17 PM, cp41 said:

On my Mac, it is in /emby-server/plugins.

But I understand that is may be out of date by now. I was also looking for a way to schedule a restart (for use in automating the installation of my updated SSL certificate every 90 days).

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 1.16.05 PM.png

OK there isn't one built into the server at this time.

On my Synology NAS I had to set the permissions of the dll file to get it to work.

After copying the the dll file it didn't work for me. But in de the log file I saw a permission denied error for that dll file. I set the permissions on Restart.dll the same as the other plugins in the folder and then it worked (after restarting)

Well I feel foolish. 
It wasn’t the permissions (though checking the log files did lead me to figure out what was wrong).

I just had the DLL in the wrong folder. The Emby-server folder I was using was an old version from when I migrated machines. 

The log files directed me to the *actual* plugins folder. So once I moved the DLL and restarted, it was right there. 

Thank you for the (indirect) help.