• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hlidskialf OFFLINE  

hlidskialf

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 09:52 PM

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:50 PM

Greetings, I'm at wit's end here with this issue and need some help.

I'm currently running the 4.2.0.5 beta, but have had this issue since 4.024-ish. Life's been busy and I haven't had a lot of time to debug the issue, but it's now been months and I'm back to square one. Whenever I go to a point on the homescreen, where new tv shows or movies are emby crashes. If I do a full library scan I can usually manage a couple pages of movies/shows with images displayed, but as soon as I get to one with a missing image, emby segfaults and I have to restart the system. I don't see anything in the log describing the incident (See attached with debug mode active.) and it's completely reproducible.

System setup:

Emby server running in an Arch Linux VM on Proxmox. I am not using a gpu for acceleration as I am only using a few streams right now. (I get this working I might put it on a dedicated box.) Currently assigned 4 cores and 16GB ram to the server, and my overall system never gets taxed higher than 40% use with all I'm running on it.

I have a rather large library on an Unraid system connected to the VM over 10G fiber.

Now, I was able to run movies on the server fine prior to the ffmpeg update tangle back in Feb. Once past that, I ended up doing a complete reinstall in order to try and fix my problems. Same setup, added my movies section and it played all movies fine - So long as it had an image. I added TV shows and same thing. Now I've done another library scan looking for missing metadata. That completed last night, but since it added some new shows from the server onto the homepage, if I attempt to go from the dashboard to the homepage I get this:

[hlidskialf@archlinux ~]$ sudo systemctl status emby-server
‚óŹ emby-server.service - Emby Server Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/emby-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: signal) since Wed 2019-05-15 10:19:11 PDT; 18s ago
  Process: 32552 ExecStart=/usr/bin/emby-server (code=killed, signal=SEGV)
 Main PID: 32552 (code=killed, signal=SEGV)

May 15 10:17:52 archlinux emby-server[32552]: Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Sync.SyncNotificationEnt>
May 15 10:17:52 archlinux emby-server[32552]: Info App: Starting entry point EmbyServer.Windows.LoopUtilEntryPoint
May 15 10:17:52 archlinux emby-server[32552]: Info App: Entry point completed: EmbyServer.Windows.LoopUtilEntryPoin>
May 15 10:17:52 archlinux emby-server[32552]: Info App: All entry points have started
May 15 10:17:52 archlinux emby-server[32552]: Application started. Press Ctrl+C to shut down.
May 15 10:17:52 archlinux emby-server[32552]: Hosting environment: Production
May 15 10:17:52 archlinux emby-server[32552]: Content root path: /usr/lib/emby-server/
May 15 10:19:02 archlinux dotnet[32552]: Not replacing existing, living, managed instance with new object.
May 15 10:19:11 archlinux systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
May 15 10:19:11 archlinux systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

I have made sure that emby has ownership and permissions of the /var/lib/emby/ folders. (Actually I've set permissions for everyone to have read-write access just in case.)

My Unraid server has read-access on this share to anyone, and I do not have emby attempting to store any images/nfo/subtitles on the Unraid system, only in the local metadata. I do not have the system set to download either nfo files or subtitles.

I have also not installed any extra plugins and removed several I didn't need. (eg. Subtitles)

I do not want Emby to have write/delete access to my Unraid server, as I manage it through other means, and don't want any accidental deletions.

My household uses Kodi to watch the the shows, and have for about 8 years now. I wanted to set up the Emby server for remote viewing and to share with a couple friends/family.

I'm stumped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 127006 posts
  • Local time: 12:52 AM

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:49 PM

Hi, I notice you've added libraries to Emby using the smb protocol. You should be able to resolve this by instead using the tools in the OS to mount the SMB share to a local path, then add the local path to Emby instead of the smb path. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

#3 hlidskialf OFFLINE  

hlidskialf

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:08 PM

I've done that and am waiting for the library to rebuild. Check back with details tomorrow.

Cheers!

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 127006 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:21 AM

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

#5 hlidskialf OFFLINE  

hlidskialf

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:00 PM

Well, something is definitely different as a full library scan normally took me about 12hrs. This time around it's going at about 1/4 the speed but still progressing. (I take it as a good sign.)

I'll come back to the topic when I have some results.

;)

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 127006 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:07 AM

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

#7 hlidskialf OFFLINE  

hlidskialf

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:11 PM

Well, it seems to have fixed the crash error. I can now scroll past titles that have missing images without issue. Everything seems to be playing okay. Thanks for the guidance.

Having said that, it's a very odd bug.

Cheers.

#8 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 127006 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:15 PM

Thanks for the feedback !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users