New plugin for NextPVR

emveepee

emveepee

I am in the process of starting the port for v5 of NextPVR and I was wondering how can I create a second LiveTV plugin (not instance) for NextPVR rather than trying to put conditions of every single call. This would also allow for users to use both setups during testing and initial implementations.

Martin

• Like 2

emveepee

I originally posted this question in the LiveTV NextPVR sub-forum.

I am in the process of starting the port for v5 of NextPVR and I was wondering how can I create a second LiveTV plugin (not instance) for NextPVR rather than trying to put conditions of every single call. This would also allow for users to use both setups during testing and initial implementations.

Perhaps it is better here.  Can anyone help me?

Martin

emveepee

Thanks. After that how do I get it added to Emby as a PVR choice for any premium user?  

Martin

Edited by emveepee

Silverking

Looking forward to testing this. However the Emby team don't seem to be interested as no one has bothered to reply!

For beta testing just provide the dll in a forum topic.  Once everything is completely fleshed out, we can investigate putting it in the catalog.  Thanks.

Thanks. After that how do I get it added to Emby as a PVR choice for any premium user? Martin

Apologies for being slow to respond. Once you setup the next pvr plugin settings, then you just have to run the refresh guide scheduled task in Emby. Once that finishes, there's nothing else that needs to be done.

emveepee

Apologies for being slow to respond. Once you setup the next pvr plugin settings, then you just have to run the refresh guide scheduled task in Emby. Once that finishes, there's nothing else that needs to be done.

Ok thanks. I assume you mean that is the setup for any beta testing since I do want it in the catalog later on.

Martin

pünktchen

Ok thanks. I assume you mean that is the setup for any beta testing since I do want it in the catalog later on.

Martin

I think Luke didn't really read your question, but used one of his standard answers.
  • Like 1

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were asking how to test the plugin in Emby Server. When you get to the stage of adding it to the catalog, we can help you with that.

• 3 weeks later...
emveepee

Looking at the port code does anyone know how LiveTvServiceStatusInfo() is used and where/if I can get that to display in Emby?

Martin

Edited by emveepee

emveepee

You'd just need to give it a different dll name and GUID.

Ok I renamed the dll and GUID  and I see this in the log

2019-06-06 13:10:25.214 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr, Version=3.3.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from D:\Emby\programdata\plugins\MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr5.dll

But it doesn't show up as a plugin and there are no further errors in the log.

Martin

What version of the server and what version of the nuget package did you build against?

emveepee

I just built against whatever I pulled from github

It shows 4.2.0.9 beta

Martin

emveepee

After reverting your recent beta change it shows up and I can configure and start testing.  I now need to figure out how to empty the DVR database from the old server data

Martin

Edited by emveepee

I just built against whatever I pulled from github

It shows 4.2.0.9 beta

Martin

Ok, yes, make sure to use the latest nuget package that has a version number equal to or less than your server version.

emveepee

A few questions on moving forward, I got this working in the debugger now (Emby is not running as a service)

1) Is the dll reloaded when it is changed or do I need restart the server?

2) Can Emby be stopped from a link or command line curl instead of the tray?  I found a message to use

/system/shutdown but I tried http://localhost:8096/system/shutdown and http://localhost:8096/web/system/shutdown without success

3) Is there any documentation on what fields need to be completed and not left as null in the classes that are returned.  I am working on timers and recordings to start and I get the lists but no contents just a lot spinning circle.  The calls happen a lot so I am thinking that Emby is expecting more.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

You have to restart the server. Your first url should work though, what happened when you tried that?

emveepee

I get a text response with "Unable to find the specified file"  perhaps that is for service instances only?

Martin

Edited by emveepee

emveepee

did you send a get to that url? it should be a post.

No I used GET  I will try POST tomorrow.

Thanks

Martin

emveepee

I mostly have the NextPVR v5 update working with Emby now but I have a few questions probably because of my ignorance of Emby. 

1. Failed Recordings don't show up in recordings, are they supposed too?

2. Conflict Recordings don't show in recordings or schedules, are they supposed too?

3. Should In Progress recordings be in schedules, recordings or both?  The old plugin had them in recordings and I get the recording indicator in recordings but I don't see how to cancel from there.  They cancel fine from the Guide and channel list.

Note several of my earlier issues where related to Emby not sending a UserAgent by default and issues (now fixed) on the server with that.

Martin