Boxset Logos

Yogi

Yogi, A thousand apologies. I had 2 kids screaming at me which is no excuse for not using my manners. Your work as always is fantastic and you are making a huge difference to my movie sets. I ment no disrespect and again apologize for my rudeness.

That's ok mate,I know what screaming kids can do to ones sanity.I was just having a small vent as well,had a bitch of a day where if something could go wrong it did. ;) ;)

• Like 2

Azrielus

That's ok mate,I know what screaming kids can do to ones sanity.I was just having a small vent as well,had a bitch of a day where if something could go wrong it did. ;) ;)

Hate those days. What do you do for a crust?

Geez another list and not even a thanks for the last lot,anyway I will get to these as soon as I can.

Please all, when your request done, kindly hit the "Like This".

Well done Yogi.

• Like 3

Aussiedroid

Hey Aussie,I fixed this one a day back forgot to let you know.

Cheers

Yogi

Hey mate, thanks I had seen that already and already added to my collection :)  Looks good on the big screen! 

Also some feedback on the Tron collection logo - The glow is missing somewhat between the 'collection' and 'Tron'. I wouldnt have noticed it except I added it to a cool folder image I found & thought I would share my amature effort (along with a few other 'collection' arts) to fanart.tv and the graphic wizards there saw it :) 

@@Kode - I wish I had seen your advice about uploading to fanart.tv before I submitted my batch :) good advice. It was demoralising to see many turned down even though they look awesome on my big screen and spent a lot of time getting them right to my eyes. Mainly little things like some jagged edges, white lines down side of images, some artifacts etc. Only just starting to play with photoshop and already been given some good pointers on improving the images from the gurus there, although my skills need to improve to utilise I think. It's really good there is strict quality control, but on the other hand feel it might be a little too strict sometimes and the community might be missing out on some good quality artwork that just doesn't quite make the cut to the experts' eyes :)

@@Aussiedroid I understand your frustration, and the mods may be a little strict sometimes, but it becomes a slippery slope if we start letting in sub-optimal images as the ethos behind fanart.tv is better no image at all than a crap image (not saying any of you images were crap by the way), the point being you can almost guarantee if the image comes from fanart.tv it's going to be really high quality.

Of course that's not always the case, there are some old images that wouldn't be approved if uploaded today, and there are still a fair few old cdarts from the initial import that aren't even the correct size, though this is down to less than 400 now so it's slowly but surely getting corrected.

• Like 1

Aussiedroid

@@Kode - LOL well a few might have been crap :unsure:  but regardless I can certainly appreciate the gold standard the site has. Anyways sorry Yogi, going a bit off topic for the thread. Back to the boxsets :)

Righto dudes,after these last lot of requests are done I am taking a break from doing any logos at all.

This started out as a little project for my own collection and has grown to something a bit bigger which at the moment I don't have the time (work comes before pleasure unfortunately) or passion to do.

So as of this post please do not request anymore logos to be done as they will not get completed,I will do the ones requested by Azrielus and Pete but definitely no more for the forseeable future.

Thanks to those that are using and enjoying them and hopefully after some time I wil come back to this project if it is still needed.

Cheers

Yogi

• Like 2

Azrielus

Righto dudes,after these last lot of requests are done I am taking a break from doing any logos at all.

This started out as a little project for my own collection and has grown to something a bit bigger which at the moment I don't have the time (work comes before pleasure unfortunately) or passion to do.

So as of this post please do not request anymore logos to be done as they will not get completed,I will do the ones requested by Azrielus and Pete but definitely no more for the forseeable future.

Thanks to those that are using and enjoying them and hopefully after some time I wil come back to this project if it is still needed.

Cheers

Yogi

Sad to see you go Yogi, I'm willing to take up the rains if anyone is willing to give me, or point me in the direction of a youtube video for a crash course. 

Don't forget you can make requests on the fanart.tv site as well, just find the movie collection and click request next to HD Movie Logos

• Like 3

Cheesegeezer

Sad to see you go Yogi, I'm willing to take up the rains if anyone is willing to give me, or point me in the direction of a youtube video for a crash course.

Head over to fanart.tv they have tutorials there and you can see their guidelines, so you can create for fanart.tv and have the whole MB community enjoy your new logos.

@@Yogi excellent work fella, enjoy your well earned break!!! ;)

• Like 1

Hey thanks Cheese,

I started this with only the idea of making a few for my own collection and it has grown to over 200+ now.Will get back into sometime but just want a break now especially with Summer here now,I am not inside as much. B)

I kmow they aren't as spiffy as the ones on fanart.tv but I hope it has helped the members of MB spruce up their collection a bit. :wub:

• Like 3

Cheesegeezer

Hey thanks Cheese,

I started this with only the idea of making a few for my own collection and it has grown to over 200+ now.Will get back into sometime but just want a break now especially with Summer here now,I am not inside as much. B)

I kmow they aren't as spiffy as the ones on fanart.tv but I hope it has helped the members of MB spruce up their collection a bit. :wub:

Yeah mate, grab a couple of tinnies from ya ute and throw some shrimps on the bar-b!!!

Great work and thanks for sharing :D

• 2 weeks later...
aspdend

Hey thanks Cheese,

Yogi - I have just been running through my boxsets with the automatic boxset collection plugin and your art has been a great help in making my media look a heck of a lot better! Great work mate, enjoy your well earned break!

• Like 1

Nick's MCE

Yogi - I have just been running through my boxsets with the automatic boxset collection plugin and your art has been a great help in making my media look a heck of a lot better! Great work mate, enjoy your well earned break!

Yep, I am the same, only started with a few and then spotted yours and then became obsessed with doing them all and making the rest of the artwork to match. Takes lots of time and the missus wants to kill me.

• Like 2

Yogi

Great work, have been using heaps of yours and also made some of my own to share, they include folder, clear art, thumbs and banners.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mbes4irirg9w822/-t3gIXQzSA

Nice work Nick,but can I tell don't take requests unless you want to be doing an endless amount of artwork. :P

But hey I do enjoy it and don't mind helping out where I can.

I will get back into it at a later date and start again,but needed a break because as you said they take a great amount of time.

aspdend

Yep, I am the same, only started with a few and then spotted yours and then became obsessed with doing them all and making the rest of the artwork to match. Takes lots of time and the missus wants to kill me.

And I have been using yours as well! Great work...much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
Nick's MCE

Hey Yogi

I have been working back through the collection logo's and started uploading to fanart, my god you can't believe how strict they are and how hard it is to get stuff approved. Anyway checkout the link below, this is my fanart approved stuf, completely re-worked some of the sets.

Even if some of it looks like it might be the same,

Watch out for "Blade Collection" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street" and Alien.

Nick's MCE

Sorry

Hey Yogi

I have been working back through the collection logo's and started uploading to fanart, my god you can't believe how strict they are and how hard it is to get stuff approved. Anyway checkout the link below, this is my fanart approved stuf, completely re-worked some of the sets.

Even if some of it looks like it might be the same, it's not, had to re-work all of it to clean up edges position etc and in a lot of cases re-build them from scratch

Watch out for "Blade Collection" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street" and Alien.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nf9hpc10mq1jykt/9wNwDWRI9S

• Like 1

trusselo

anyone wanna take a crack at 

'Escape From ... Collection'  (escape from New York/L.A. /Snake Plissken Collection)

??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Nick's MCE

Hi

I am actually working on the 300 collection right now, Give it a week or so and I will have it done, the logo is ready just working on the other bits and clearart etc.

Nick53c2cf304a71f_logo.png

• Like 1