Boxset Logos

Yogi

Azrielus

Thanks so much.... I'll update my list for you soon.... I hope this is at least helping others out too. As ever fantastic job.

Aussiedroid

Thanks so much for the boxset logos Yogi! (I have put them to good use :))

Grabbed a few from fanart.tv too but there are a few I am still missing to complete my collections. If you are able to help on any at all, it would be greatly apprecited.

Lone Wolf & Cub Collection (from the boxset dvds: eg http://www.musicshop.com.au/media/catalog/product/e/y/eye240wp.jpg)

Ong Bak Trilogy

Star Ship Troopers Collection

Ray Harryhausen Collection [Legendary Monster Collection]

30 Days of Night Collection

American Psycho Collection

Phantasm Collection

Also being a Star Wars nut I have all my SW movies in sub folders (Original pre-SE, Prequel Trilogy, Complete Sage SE, The Legacy (for the other SW movies etc)). Would be super to get some matching your SW one with different text below.

Star Wars Original Trilogy

Star Wars Prequel Trilogy

Star Wars Complete Saga (Special Edition)

Star Wars The Legacy

I know its probably asking too much but anyways, again many thanks for all your hard work.

Cheers!

Thanks so much for the boxset logos Yogi! (I have put them to good use :))

Grabbed a few from fanart.tv too but there are a few I am still missing to complete my collections. If you are able to help on any at all, it would be greatly apprecited.

Lone Wolf & Cub Collection (from the boxset dvds: eg http://www.musicshop.com.au/media/catalog/product/e/y/eye240wp.jpg)

Ong Bak Trilogy

Phantasm Collection

Also being a Star Wars nut I have all my SW movies in sub folders (Original pre-SE, Prequel Trilogy, Complete Sage SE, The Legacy (for the other SW movies etc)). Would be super to get some matching your SW one with different text below.

Star Wars The Legacy

I know its probably asking too much but anyways, again many thanks for all your hard work.

Cheers!

@@Aussiedroid

I will get to them soon, I can do the Star Wars ones but there is only so many words you can fit into a logo this (Star Wars Complete Saga (Special Edition) is definitely not going to fit unless I make the font really small and then you will not be able to read it.

Plus you will need to find me an image or two that I can use for Ray Harryhausen Collection [Legendary Monster Collection] and Lone Wolf & Cub Collection. (i have actually never heard of either of them)

• Like 1

Aussiedroid

Hi Yogi,

Ray Harryhausen did all those great clay modelled monster movies like Sinbad etc, but regarding a link one of these may do?

http://www.dvd-bluray-reviews.com/big_images/dvd/The-Fantastic-Films-of-Ray-Harryhausen---Legendary-Monster-Series-(Jason-and-the-Argonauts---The-Seventh-Voyage-of-Sinbad---The-Golden-Voyage-of-Sinbad---Sinbad-and-the-Eye-of-the-Tiger---The-3-Worlds-of-Gulliver)-(1963).jpg

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/04/33/96/25/0004339625837_500X500.jpg

Lone Cub & Wolf was a series of 6 old school samurai movies (also redubbed/cut into Shogun Assassin for US). I had a link in the first post from one of the dvd folder arts I use for the collection. Let me know if you need anything else though. Was thinking maybe the title and the japanese under it would look good.

Regarding the Star Wars ones and the length .. I would be happy for anything you think would work :) . Maybe just saying Complete Saga or S.E. Saga? Likewise with the others if just Prequel or Original fits better than adding the trilogy that would still be cool.

Thanks again!

@@Aussiedroid

The ones crossed off are done and uploaded to Dropbox.American Psycho was already there.Will work on the others over the weekend.

Ong Bak Trilogy

Phantasm Collection

Lone Wolf & Cub Collection

Star Wars The Legacy

106lic3.png  fd6q9g.png2yoep0g.png  v3lqbs.png

nldfmr.png  n3rmfo.png  2605s0o.png  r8za6d.png

Edited by Yogi
  • Like 1

All done for you Aussie,all now uploaded to Dropbox.

14xfbk0.png  119mblt.png

not real happy with the Lone Wolf one,there wasn't really much of an image to play with on that one. If you want any changes let me know.

Edited by Yogi
  • Like 1

Aussiedroid

Wow that was quick! Thanks so much! They look awesome!  B)

The Lone Wolf one looks good to me too, but it might be the Japanese symbols are a bit stretched out looking back at the original cover. Don't know if that is easy to change or not?

I couldn't find the other Star Wars ones in the dropbox yet, but not to be a pain! they look a little different to the one you have in the collection already (Gold/Silver 500x300 one). Was hoping to match them up if at all possible for the collection. Might just be the preview in the thread looks different though against the white background - not sure. If I am being a pain I am happy to use the ones you have made though.

I found one I missed as well in my list which I can't find if I may ask your help again?

Project A Collection  

http://oneguyrambling.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/project_a_dvd1.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3l5FHsvPm5M/TSQ8ZiCAQ8I/AAAAAAAABaY/IEm42RTasEI/s1600/B0009FHKEA.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V56929472_.jpg

@@Aussiedroid

Doh!! I forgot to upload the Star Wars ones They are there now.,also download the original star wars and replace that as I have resized it to conform to fanart rules.Maybe one day I wil get the urge to submit them on fanart.tv

Ohh also I have fixed Lone Wolf, will do Project A later.

Cheers

Yogi

Edited by Yogi
  • Like 1

These are all great. Thanks for all your hard work.

No problem,glad you like them,put them to good use. ;)

Edited by Yogi

Azrielus

Hmmmm thats debatable, personally I think they are very good and better than some of the crap that fanart tv has.

Either way, I'm glad you've done it and decided to share, thumbs up from me ;)

If there are poor quality images on fanart.tv please report them, sometimes mods make mistakes

I personally haven't seen hardly any bad images on fanart,as you can see I use a great deal of images that are on there as a base for my logos.some of my early ones are crap themselves as I was making them from scratch and not using the guidelines that you guys have set.

If I ever do submit them I will have to redo the early ones.All in all fanart is a great resource and congrats what you have done there.

Edited by Yogi
  • Like 2

Cheesegeezer

If there are poor quality images on fanart.tv please report them, sometimes mods make mistakes

Feel a bit redfaced, I think it stems back to the days when i was using a metamanager and saw some poor images through that.

I have to say it's a sterling service you provide and keep urging @@Yogi to get his work up on your site.

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

If you ever do decide to upload to fanart.tv, and the following is advice for anyone thinking about contributing, I would highly recommend posting some examples in the forum, especially if you aren't sure if they will be approved, there is nothing worse than someone uploading 50 images only to have all of them rejected, it is demoralising for the person submitting the images, and more often than not they never fix the issues, and the moderators hate rejecting a load of images when someone has obviously put a lot of time into them.

Often when a batch of images are denied it's because of something trivial that can easily be corrected, but the uploaders lose interest, that's often why an image can sit in pending, it's a lot of work for the mods to reject an image so they will skim through the obvious approvals and come back to the rejections when they have time.

On the other hand, submitting some examples in the forums first to get some input lets more than just the mods feedback (there are a lot of talented designers) and they might give you some pointers you wouldn' have thought of, it also doesn't hurt having some dialog with the mods on your images as they will be looking out for them showing up in pending and you are more likely to get images approved quicker as they will have been through a sort of pre-moderation.

Obviously we don't want every image going through the forum first, but once your confidence is higher you will know before submitting whether an image is worth uploading or not, ones you know will be approved, upload, those you think wont, post them on the forum and see if anyone has any ideas for improving them.

Edited by Kode
  • Like 4

The Lone Wolf one looks good to me too, but it might be the Japanese symbols are a bit stretched out looking back at the original cover. Don't know if that is easy to change or not?

Hey Aussie,I fixed this one a day back forgot to let you know.

Cheers

Yogi

Azrielus

Righto I have updated all the logos on Dropbox to 800x310 to conform with the guidelines set at fanart.tv

So if you are downloading boxset logos from there and there is some missing and I have them here at least they will now be the same size.

• Like 1

Azrielus

Yogi, A thousand apologies. I had 2 kids screaming at me which is no excuse for not using my manners. Your work as always is fantastic and you are making a huge difference to my movie sets. I ment no disrespect and again apologize for my rudeness.