Emby recording via TVMosaic plugin

thefarmer

thefarmer

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is latest server release related, or it's been doing it in previous versions...I only installed the TVMosaic plugin last night.

I scheduled a recording which was 1hr long...this morning when i checked the 'recordings' section I noticed that it only recorded for 3 mins.  I then went into TVMosaic and checked in the recording section there, and noticed that it had recorded the 1hr session correctly and that it was indeed 1hr long.  I double checked filenames, pathnames etc...all identical.

Any idea as to why Emby is only showing 3 mins?  

I'm not sure if this is related but before installing TVMosaic, I was using the builtin LiveTV/DVR and I've had recordings that have only last partially for the full allocated slot.  I always thought that it might be related to a loss of signal or something..but i was never around to test that.  This was part of the reason to install TVMosaic....

thnx

thefarmer

Hi...when i click on the 3 little dots on the thumbnail of the recorded program, it goes to a page with all the details on it..

I've attached 2 screenshots..one from Emby and what it is showing and all the file info, and one from TVM which shows how long, the size etc of the same file.  Also..Emby does only play for 3 mins, yet if you look at both screenshots, you'll see the file size is the same.

5cdb15ecbeb7e_emby.jpg

5cdb16021d49c_tvm.jpg

thefarmer

Can you try refreshing metadata on it?

HI..

yep..tried that (after seeing a similar, but not quite the same issue from Dec).  No change.

I've experienced recordings that have abruptly stopped before...which I was assuming was to a lack of signal.  But this is now reliant on TVM, and after watching the show in TVM (as a test) there was definitely no drop..it lasted for 66 mins.  5mins prior, 1 min after scheduled 1hr slot I think.

thefarmer

did another test earlier today...exactly same issue...recorded a 2hr program, but it seems to think it's 31mins.

I've tried the metadata refresh etc...but doesn't budge.

I will have a chat with the TVM guys...perhaps there is a problem their end which is feeding Emby with the wrong info.

Edited by thefarmer

• 2 months later...

did another test earlier today...exactly same issue...recorded a 2hr program, but it seems to think it's 31mins.

I've tried the metadata refresh etc...but doesn't budge.

I will have a chat with the TVM guys...perhaps there is a problem their end which is feeding Emby with the wrong info.

Yes this sounds right to me. Let us know how you get on. Thanks.