Chapter Image Extraction?

Roland.Stranneborn

Roland.Stranneborn

Hi, I got a big MKV file with 8 chapters (incidentally it's on this page: http://forums.mvgroup.org/index.php?showtopic=78673), when I look at it using VLC the chapters are there and I can jump straight to one. I've tried to see how I can handle chapters in Emby playback, and I've seen references to "Chapter Image Extraction" in the Library setting, but I haven't been able to see any setting of the sort. Any pointer? 

Hi, in the latest release it's been renamed to Thumbnail image extraction. It's a setting for each library. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Roland.Stranneborn

Hi, in the latest release it's been renamed to Thumbnail image extraction. It's a setting for each library. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Hi, tried that, did a Refresh, still no chapters. Also, if you click on the next symbol (>I) during playback nothing happens. 

CBers

Hi, tried that, did a Refresh, still no chapters. Also, if you click on the next symbol (>I) during playback nothing happens.

Did you enable the "Show Advanced Settings" option in the library settings?

What are your library settings? That button is for next track in your play queue.

Roland.Stranneborn

Did you enable the "Show Advanced Settings" option in the library settings?

Yes, I've enabled Advanced, here is a screenshot:

5cdc39624ceb8_Emby2.jpg

CBers

Check to see if you have a "thumbnail-failures.txt" in the Emby-Server\cache folder.

If so, delete and refresh the item(s).

• Like 1

Roland.Stranneborn

Check to see if you have a "thumbnail-failures.txt" in the Emby-Server\cache folder.

I'm not sure where to look for that folder, made a search for the file, but I can't find it. These are the log files I have according the the Emby server:

5cdec7243ca3d_Embylogs.jpg

The location of the cache folder is displayed on the front page of the emby server dashboard.

Roland.Stranneborn

I hope I'm in the right place on the NAS, but the path doesn't match the dashboard:

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/cache

I can't see that file. Am I looking in the right place?

5cdfc85a0fc19_Emby3.jpg

CBers

I hope I'm in the right place on the NAS, but the path doesn't match the dashboard:

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/cache

I can't see that file. Am I looking in the right place?

Yes, looks like the right place.

OK, so that file doesn't exist, which indicates that everything that was scanned, was OK.

Roland.Stranneborn

Yes, looks like the right place.

OK, so that file doesn't exist, which indicates that everything that was scanned, was OK.

So there is a problem in Emby with chapters?

CBers

So there is a problem in Emby with chapters?

No.

Not sure what your issue is, but I have chapters and BIF files being created every time.

Hopefully @@Luke can find the issue you're having.

CBers

Did you try refreshing that item and selecting the "Search for missing metadata" option?

Or, you could also try the "Replace all metadata" and also select the "Replace existing images" secondary option.

• Like 1

Roland.Stranneborn

Did you try refreshing that item and selecting the "Search for missing metadata" option?

Or, you could also try the "Replace all metadata" and also select the "Replace existing images" secondary option.

That did the trick when I did it down at the film-level for the Refresh! Thank you!

• Like 2

CBers

That did the trick when I did it down at the film-level for the Refresh! Thank you!

You can also do the same at the library level.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. This should not have been necessary. We will look into why you had to do this.

• Like 1

Roland.Stranneborn

Thanks for the feedback. This should not have been necessary. We will look into why you had to do this.

I did do a refresh at the library level after I added the big mkv file, but still no chapters. Only after I re-did the refresh at the file level did I get it to work

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The folder level would have worked, you just would have had to wait a bit. There is currently no way to monitor the progress of that so it can lead you to think it's not working.