Stacked Collect

Greggers
Go to solution Solved by PenkethBoy,

Greggers

Just something I'd like, have a collection within a collection.

I'm thinking I could do something like this...

MCU 

Infinity Saga

Phase 1

Phase 2

Phase 3

Whatever's Next

Phase 1

Star Wars

The Original Trilogy

The Prequel Trilogy

The Sequel Trilogy

etc etc, these would need to be created manually as TMDB won't have any standard for this but I think it'd look nice putting in the time for it.

• Like 1

• Solution
PenkethBoy

You can already do this

try add a collection to a collection

• Like 1

laie_techie

You can already do this

try add a collection to a collection

The problem is that all movies will be in the main collection (via themoviedb.org collection id) AND the nested collection.

Deathsquirrel

The problem is that all movies will be in the main collection (via themoviedb.org collection id) AND the nested collection.

No, that doesn't happen.  I just tested to confirm.  I added The Addams Family Collection to the Airplane Collection.  The two Addams Family movies did not show up in the Airplane Collection, just the combined collection.

The actual problem, IMO, is that it sticks the nested collections below the movies in that collection so I find it pretty useless.

laie_techie

No, that doesn't happen.  I just tested to confirm.  I added The Addams Family Collection to the Airplane Collection.  The two Addams Family movies did not show up in the Airplane Collection, just the combined collection.

The actual problem, IMO, is that it sticks the nested collections below the movies in that collection so I find it pretty useless.

Read my comment more carefully.

In your example, no movie in the Adams Family Collection has anything to do with the Airplane Collection on TheMovieDb.org, so your counterexample isn't the same scenario.

My scenario is when you create sub-collections with no corresponding collection record on TheMovieDb.org. Take, for example, Star Wars. TheMovieDb.org has a "Star Wars Collection", but does not have collections for the Original Trilogy, Prequel Trilogy, or Sequel Trilogy. Let's say you scan in "A New Hope" and manually add it to your manually created "Original Trilogy" collection, it will show up there *AND* in TheMovieDb.org "Star Wars Collection" with every library scan if you have the auto box set plugin enabled.

Nested collections are not really supported the way you might like. I would not suggest using them for this purpose.

PenkethBoy

uninstall the Auto Boxset plugin then

Edited by PenkethBoy

Deathsquirrel

Read my comment more carefully.

In your example, no movie in the Adams Family Collection has anything to do with the Airplane Collection on TheMovieDb.org, so your counterexample isn't the same scenario.

My scenario is when you create sub-collections with no corresponding collection record on TheMovieDb.org. Take, for example, Star Wars. TheMovieDb.org has a "Star Wars Collection", but does not have collections for the Original Trilogy, Prequel Trilogy, or Sequel Trilogy. Let's say you scan in "A New Hope" and manually add it to your manually created "Original Trilogy" collection, it will show up there *AND* in TheMovieDb.org "Star Wars Collection" with every library scan if you have the auto box set plugin enabled.

Read your own comment more a]carefully.  You forgot to mention your use of the autoboxset plugin.

As someone else said, turn it off.  I never run it after the first pass at creating collections.  It's a huge time saver but it's just annoying after I make edits to the default collections.