Server automatically deleting one specific episode of a show

germanicus
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

germanicus

First of all, thanks to the team and this community for developing such a great media solution and always being friendly. Emby truly has changed the way myself and my family consume media, I love it.

Now, I'm having a very strange issue where no matter how many times I download a specific episode of one specific show Emby always deletes it immediately. I'm not sure why this is happening so I hope you all can help. Look for this particular line in the logs to see what's happening.

2019-05-11 15:33:19.040 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Episode, Name: Idol or Bust, Path: /Media/TV/Survivor/Season 38/Survivor.S38E12.Idol.or.Bust.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-KiNGS.mkv, Id: 76806

Log.txt

Edited by germanicus

Hi there, do you have a media conversion job set up for the parent folder?

germanicus

I think I might, awhile ago I set up a bunch to squeeze space. I set everything to replace rather than create a new file. Would this be causing a deletion? 

• Solution

Yes there is an issue with the replace function in very specific situations, and that is why this is happening. It is resolved for the next (4.2+) release. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
germanicus

It's been quite a while, when are you guy's planning to release this update? Or at the very least a hotfix?

We're working hard to get 4.2 released as quickly as we can. Hopefully not too much longer. Thanks.

germanicus

You should release hot-fixes to address bugs if it's going to take you this much time to release a stable product.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes in the future I agree that something like this should be hot fixed.

• 1 month later...
germanicus

I just want to confirm that this....

"Fix convert deleting original files of same name as new file"

In this latest update is specifically addressing this issue before I try to convert more media?