NextPVR and Hauppauge HD PVR Problems

bishoph

bishoph

Hi,

I have NextPVR installed (the main program and the MB3 plugin)...I have my Hauppauge HD PVR device setup (I believe), have made channels even though I only use the component input, etc...

And, I can see live TV from it through MB3 on a Google Chrome browser (both internal LAN and external WAN)...so it's partially working right.

BUT, I can't see or hear anything on an iOs device I have (trying both Safari and Chrome mobile browsers) nor on my Roku 3.  I've played with different decoder settings in the NextPVR interface but to no avail.

Any suggestions?  Anyone had success using the Hauppauge HD PVR, and either NextPVR or ServerWVC, and Live TV through either various browser interfaces or Roku client app?

Thanks in advance

emveepee

My HDPVR works for LiveTV in MB3 from NextPVR in Firefox and Chrome.  It needs heavy transcoding power on an i7 though so until MB3 remuxes these h264 streams you might be out of luck.

Martin

My HDPVR works for LiveTV in MB3 from NextPVR in Firefox and Chrome.  It needs heavy transcoding power on an i7 though so until MB3 remuxes these h264 streams you might be out of luck.

Martin

work on that is underway actually, but will only benefit users who have h264 live tv sources

bishoph

Great thanks very much...I'm mainly interested in it working on my Roku.  The MB3 app on Roku finds the channels I've created, but if I select one it just goes to a blank screen and does nothing.  I'm guessing it doesn't like the codec of the video the Next PVR is giving it or something?  I tried playing with the "decoders" options in NextPVR settings but it didn't make a difference as far as throughput to the Roku.

I guess I'll stick with the HD PVR b/c it's a great capture card for whatever else I use it for...tempted to get a different capture card though that would work through to the Roku though.

Edited by bishoph

emveepee

You will want the HDPVR because it creates h264 streams for your Roku without transcoding so the load could well be minimal once MB3 is updated.  The only other option in North America is the transcoding HDHR but you will have the same trouble for now.

Martin

bishoph

Thanks Martin and everyone...

Just out of curiosity, the fact the Roku isn't playing what it's being fed, is that a codec issue?  MB3 will have to be updated to remux the stream?  Or is it potentially fixable if I play around with the settings in NextPVR (although I've tried all the combinations in the "decoders" settings, outside of installing a new codec package).

Edited by bishoph

• 3 years later...