How to display genre icons in protrait mode

GhostRider

GhostRider

Hi

Since upgrading to version 4 of Emby server the genre pictures in Emby Theatre v 3.0.8 on a Windows 10 HTPC are displayed as squares. How do I get the protrait view back please? I use a CSS setting recommended on this forum for the Web interface. I am looking for a way to restore the protrait view in Emby Theatre as well. Is it possible please?

Hi, we don't currently have any options for this. It auto-detects based on the aspect ratio of your genre images. have you customized those images?

GhostRider

Hi @@Luke

No I am not using custom images, just those used in v 3 and available on Github. Version 3 icons are in the metadata folder and are being used but are cropped to square format.

GhostRider

Do you see the same thing in the web app?

Hi @@Luke, no in the web app I see protrait iamges because I am using a custom CSS as recommended in these forums:

/*Genre padding to portrait*/

[data-type=MusicGenre] div.cardPadder-square, [data-type=Genre] div.cardPadder-square {padding-bottom: 150%;}

Without the above the genre icons are square in the web app.

I'm surprised that it's not auto-detecting the aspect ratio of those images.

GhostRider

Thanks @@Luke, do you thing this is an issue with 3.0.8? Before upgrading I had version 3.0.6 and the icons were displayed in portrait format. So many things changed during this time so maybe not a 3.0.8 issue but things were fine in 3.0.6.

I was able to chase this down. It's resolved for the next release of the server, thanks.

• Like 1