[EMBYWEB] Bug subtitles after quit and resume

theghost31

theghost31

Hi @@Luke,

I have a problem with subtitles which can't be show anymore after to pause the episode, leave the tab (2 hours after) and try to open it again just after in chrome. 

I already try with and without encode subtitles on the fly. I uncheck for the moment this option  and it's always bug so it's not the problem.
I tried to turn off subtitle. Leave and open again the emby tab, start an episode, select my subtitles but same problem  :(
Every users on my emby server get the same issue. We're using Chrome browser. With Kodi (emby plugin) no issue.

If you need info, I will try to send you even if I don't see anything wrong in the logs...

I will try to give you the way to reproduce it:

1) Open chrome, embyweb and load a 1080p Multi file in mkv (it's my case, but I don't think the quality is really important).

2) look it for example, half of the episode. Click on pause. Lets the episode and the tab open on chrome. 2 hours in my case. (I think THIS is important, and let's the episode in the browser will create the issue after)
BTW: I don't know if it's normal and link but when I look the admin dashboard, I can see during this 2 hours, the red line (throttle) increases little by little like 0.1% every 10 seconds, so after 1h30, the line is complete ... Not sure it's a normal behavior, anyway.

3) You click on play button, everything is fine, I look 5min like that, I get my subtitles, I'm happy

4) I close the emby tab, in other words, the episode that i watched

5) THE PROBLEM
I open again embyweb, try to click on "continue" the episode. It starts from 27min. It's perfect
BUT no subtitle at all.
If I try to start again from the begin, I get subtitles on the first seconds, if I skip 2min, 30min ect, no subtitle ever :(.
So I try to look 5min without skip anything from the begin and after 2min36, subtitles desapears... and I don't get it anymore. It's crazy
I never get this problem with old version. 

Thank you in advance to fix this new issue

Regards

Edited by theghost31

theghost31

Via Docker, thanks to it, I removed and reinstalled 21 times Emby in the aim to found from which version is  broken. I can told you since 4.1.0.15 it's broken. So it's works until 4.1.0.14. Hoping this can help you :)

Edit: The changelog says only: "update android" but I guess someone do something else ?

Edited by theghost31

Hi there, why are you staying on an older beta version? Can you please update to the latest version of Emby Server? That would be 4.1.1 stable, or 4.2+ beta, depending on which channel you prefer. Thanks.

Happy2Play

Have you tried any other browser to see if this is only a issue with Chrome?

theghost31

Hi there, why are you staying on an older beta version? Can you please update to the latest version of Emby Server? That would be 4.1.1 stable, or 4.2+ beta, depending on which channel you prefer. Thanks.

Because I tried everyone until the latest version and the latest beta version. As I said in my previous post, I tried 21 different versions to see if it was better or not. The answer is: NO  ;)

To help you to find where something wrong, I rollback until the last version working which is 4.1.0.14 and also because it was a huge problem to use emby web for every user on my server. :)

NB: Before 4.1.0.14 it was working. 4.0.2.0 ect works well

Edited by theghost31

theghost31

Have you tried any other browser to see if this is only a issue with Chrome?

No in fact I just get the latest working version and I can't try easily others browsers because emby is currently use at home, so I have to reinstall the version bugged and try it after that. ;)

If you can reproduce it on Chrome, it will be easy to try on others browsers. I'm using this version of chrome: 74.0.3729.131 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

( Even if I didn't try, I think it's a problem for each browser, but as you said, we have to try it)

Edited by theghost31

Ok, I would suggest updating and then we'll be happy to help you with that version. If you're going to stay on an old beta it will be difficult to troubleshoot this. Thanks.

theghost31
I don't want to stay on the old version (specially a Beta version) but I can't use the new because of this bug. Giving you the lastest version working, is it not enough to help you ? Try to reproduc the issue, I think it's not complicated with the way given at the begin of this thread  to reproduce it.

Regards 

theghost31

Even If I load the new version, what is the point ? I can't help you more of I did ? Otherwise, tell me, but with the scheme to reprooduce the issue + the last version working with Docker, I can't do better 

theghost31

What problem is preventing you from using the new version?

I don't understand your question. My problem is the huge issue noticed in the latest version (stable and beta). As I said in my post. This problem is here since 4.1.0.15 and my users are complaining to don't have subtitles (no way to get it) after to realize the scenario in my initial post.

That is my problem :)

So for you I can (late in the evening) upgrade just few minutes to try something but I need to stay for the moment (in day) in 4.1.0.14 because the problem is not here in this version. Weird, isn't it ? 

Is it much clear ? 
Edited by theghost31

theghost31

Ok So I try with the latest and working version. I let you compare the logs and found the issue :)

@Happy2Play, to answer you. Same issue With Microsoft Edge.

If you need something else, let me know

theghost31

Sorry to be hurry on this subject, but I took time for you to do some tests and write this issue and I don't have any answer since two weeks 
Did you see something interesting ? Because this issue becomes embarrassing and I can't update because of it 
As I mentioned before, it's new, and before, I didn't have this issue, so I guess, It should be pretty easy to fix it ? 

Edited by theghost31

I don't quite understand because you said this earlier:

NB: Before 4.1.0.14 it was working. 4.0.2.0 ect works well

But your logs are labeled as 4.1.1_not_working, and 4.1.0.14_working. Which version is working and which one is not?

theghost31

As you said @@Luke ;)

Again, 4.1.1 (stable) is not working.

And the old 4.1.0.14 (beta) that I'm using in this moment works !

Since 4.1.0.15 (beta) until latest (stable) version available are not working ;)

NB: The more recent stable version which works was 4.0.2.0

Ii it more clear now ? 

Edited by theghost31

Ok, then if you can update to a newer beta we can look at that. thanks.

theghost31

Why do you want I update it again? I already try each version. And the problem is on each of them.

theghost31

Ah I can't right now because the file that I used to show you the issue is not existing anymore. Bad move from me, I removed all my tvshow instead of one episode.

So I try to start a episode of an other tvshow, let it in pause during 3hours and try again more later to see the result with subtitles. I will let you an answer when my test is finished

theghost31

its too early to give you a real answer, but no issue was reported until today with the latest beta ')