Intel Quicksync on Unraid not working

jwiese997

jwiese997

I cannot get emby to hardware transcode for anything on unraid. I've got everything configured correctly as far as I can tell. Hardware transcoding is working absolutely fine on Plex but emby keeps going to software and doesn't even list quicksync as an option when I go to advanced under transcoding. I've changed my go file, I've added the /dev/dri in the extra parameters. Quicksync is enabled and is being used in plex. Why not emby? Thanks for any help.

Log.txt

Edited by jwiese997

jwiese997

I have a 7th gen Kaby Lake, i7-7700. I'll check out those steps when I get home and post results.

Jdiesel

Might be worth stopping the Plex container too if it is also running. Not sure if multiple containers can share the same GPU and Plex may be preventing Emby from accessing it.

jwiese997

No luck. I made sure the syslinux.cfg was updated, the go file was updated, plex wasn't started. I'm completely stumped.

• 2 months later...

Ok, hardware acceleration in Docker is currently only experimental. You can get it to work, but it will require setup on your part and we don't have full documentation on this process yet.