Display of newly added 'Mixed Content' on home screen

LjMcSeeYouInHell

LjMcSeeYouInHell

Hi Guys,

Here we go with the dreaded Documentaries folder... Setup as mixed content in library and I'm happy with how it works.

Just wondering if possible to display the 'Latest Documentaries' on the Home Screen similar to how the library view shows it - TV-Docs are in a single season folder and Movie-Docs are obviously a movie poster/folder. Hoping this would carry across to the AndroidTV app too.

Right now if I add a TV-Documentary to Emby library (with a full series worth of shows) my home screen shows all the episodes instead of a single TV Show style entry. Is that possible?

Cheers, thanks for the great work.

• Like 2

Hi, yes latest on the home screen for mixed content libraries is supported.

LjMcSeeYouInHell

Thanks for reply Luke, I was hoping the current presentation on the home screen could be modified to look more like the TV Shows & Movies layout instead of single video files.

If I add a whole series/season of a TV documentary I get each episode appearing with the same thumbnail, instead of just one Poster with a number in top right corner showing how many episodes there are - does that make sense?

It's shown correctly when you enter my Documentary folder, TV Series are grouped into a single Poster for that series along side any movie docs's that are in there

Thanks again for looking

• 1 year later...
LjMcSeeYouInHell

G'day @Luke, raising the dead here haha. Is there any chance this could be looked at again? I wouldn't have thought it would be too hard as the display format is correct once you enter the folder, it's just the "Latest Added" section on the Homescreen where it falls apart. Thanks mate

Edited by LjMcSeeYouInHell

Hi, it's not that simple as there are users who want it the way it is now, but options to control it are certainly possible.

LjMcSeeYouInHell

@Lukethanks for reply. Hard to imagine people liking it, as it's the only Library that shows this way on Homescreen making it look 'messier' than all the other Libraries grouped content / poster view. Has there been a poll or something I missed, because I've only found others asking for it to be changed from the individual episode Thumbnails to a grouped Poster view (Reddit).

Perhaps another way around it is adding a specific 'Documentaries' Library category for mixed media that displays in Poster view on Homescreen? I'd remove and rebuild my Documentaries library in a flash if that was added.

Thanks again for your time

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, LjMcSeeYouInHell said:

Perhaps another way around it is adding a specific 'Documentaries' Library category for mixed media that displays in Poster view on Homescreen? I'd remove and rebuild my Documentaries library in a flash if that was added.

Then where does it end. Are we going to add a new content type everytime someone requests a new variation. That's not sustainable. Better to just let you pick how you want to see it.

LjMcSeeYouInHell
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Then where does it end

Ok you've made your mind up on how best to implement, is there an ETA on adding this Homescreen 'Latest...' poster view option?

1 hour ago, LjMcSeeYouInHell said:

Ok you've made your mind up on how best to implement, is there an ETA on adding this Homescreen 'Latest...' poster view option?

No ETA, sorry.

access

I am currently using the Mixed Media like this, but controls would be amazing!

I have done a "hack" and created Mixed Media but only put Daily Style Shows in there, as people don't want to binge watch Talk shows or SNL they just want the latest. 

image.thumb.png.a275b4b7b1d099a1bca3dcd2a5d43252.png

That said, if I could create a Library of Television shows and toggle on this mode, then yes that would be perfect.

• 1 month later...
access

Hey!

I can see this feature went in into 4.6! This is great! Now my mixed media looks perfect in the Latest Widget.

Did it ever get introduced as a config option per library? I can't seem to toggle it on and off? Or is this just the new better way? (I much prefer it).

I just happened to be using it as a bit of a hack to show the latest Talk Shows (as shown in my last post).

Thanks

LjMcSeeYouInHell

I noticed this too last night, it's so much better now thanks guys! Finally turning my Documentaries section back on in the home screen 😁