Collections vs Playlist

ErikaJ

ErikaJ

Good day...I am needing some assistance in setting up a playlist or collection. I say or because I don't know what would be the best to do so let me explain what I am wanting to do.

I want to create an area of tv shows I want to watch each week. My idea is to put individual TV shows in a folder type and name each folder with the name of the week. So if I want to watch TV shows that have Monday shows then I go to it, etc. This way it is much easier to watch my shows because the white check mark will remain white until I actually watch that show which it will turn red. I have tried creating a playlist with my Monday TV shows  and that worked okay as far as grouping Monday shows in its own container. But that "playlist" does not get updated with the latest TV show so when I looked in there the TV shows were all marked with a red check mark. But when I looked in the "Latest TV Shows Category", that particular show did get updated and indicated a white check mark.

I also tried setting a few TV shows as "favorites" but I couldn't find them anywhere after indicating them as favorites. I thought they would be in the favorites category at the top of the screen or in the left hand side menu but no joy.

I also tried setting the TV shows up as a collection but I got lost in the process and decide to ask you for help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Hi, based on what you're saying it sound like collections would work better for you.

But why not just use next up? It's designed for this very purpose and it's automatic.

ErikaJ

Thanks for the response Luke. I actually was looking at that but I thought that "next up" was public domain. Meaning anybody had access to that so that if they watched a show it would indicate as watched whereas I have not watched it yet. I guess what I am looking for is a private library with my tv shows and even if somebody watches that particular episode, it would not effect the "watched" tick mark.

What do you mean public domain? It's all based on the watch data of your emby user.