My Downloads won't work any more

tre4b

tre4b

I have a bunch of videos downloaded onto my phone and these have been working fine. 

Today however when I click on one I get the circle going around for some time and then it simply returns to the selection menu.  I seem unable to play the media at all.  I also cannot hold down on them to delete or change in any way, just nothing happens.  I wondered if the video was somewhere accessible and searched for them using VLC . It found nothing on the phone. (any hint as to where they could be stored?)

Checking my phones update log the App has not recently updated and I have not updated the back end for a couple of months so I don't think this is another change.  I'm away from home right now so am seeking a route to access the video if at all possible.  When I'm back at home I will try and reset the videos and re sync.

Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated

Trev

PS is there anyway to set the App so that it does not search for the server before offering my downloads?  It can't connect as I don't make the server available outside of my home right now and I have to wait for a couple of mins of circle before accessing the downloaded content.  Would be good if there was a default to offline option or something I haven't yet found.

tre4b

It was a login issue, should have fed back.  Despite the fact that I was just using Downloads and was off network the app still needed to be logged in.  Somehow the login had dropped off.  When I got it back home it was obvious as once on network it displayed the login screen.  Once I had logged in the downloaded videos became available again, even if I put the phone in airplane mode.

All is working normally now and I am aware of the issue for next time.  I don't think I could have saved this when away from home though as I do not believe the client can login without the network available.

Trev

Hi, did you not notice the My Downloads button on the server selection screen?

tre4b

Yes, and when you went in it showed all of the videos, they just simply would not play.  Initially I thought that maybe it had picked up thumbnails and not the video.  I searched for video on the phone and found none.

Once I was on the wireless again it was clear that the server was not logged in.  Once I logged in they worked again fine.

The only challenge with the My Downloads button is that it takes a couple of minutes of round circle to come up when you are not on a network that the server is on.

• 3 weeks later...

Once I was on the wireless again it was clear that the server was not logged in.  Once I logged in they worked again fine.

Are you running the latest version of the app and server? I'm not having any difficulty playing them when fully offline.

The only challenge with the My Downloads button is that it takes a couple of minutes of round circle to come up when you are not on a network that the server is on.

Well, a couple of minutes is an exaggeration, but yes, it does take a while to time out and this is something we can look to improve. Thanks.

• 2 months later...