Next Up Shows showing Episode Backdrop not Series Backdrop

orbitron

orbitron

Random shows in Next Up are showing the Episode Backdrop on Roku and not the Series Backdrop. The proper backdrop shows up in other interfaces such as Web and Android.

Thank you!

Random shows in Next Up are showing the Episode Backdrop on Roku and not the Series Backdrop. The proper backdrop shows up in other interfaces such as Web and Android.

Thank you!

hmmm.. I think I have seen this before. It is because it sometimes believes the episode thumb takes priority over the series thumb. I can put this on our issue tracker to tackle once other work is done. I can compare this to the web app implicitly and correct any deviations. The Roku should/will work exactly like the web app. If it isn't doing that now please note where and we will address them one by one. I can add this one to the tracker.

Reference: Issue #380: [Next Up] Image issue / series vs episode thumb/backdrop (compare to web app)

Your episodes have individual backdrops?

Or thumbs for that matter?  Or did you mean it was showing the episode primary image?

orbitron

Your episodes have individual backdrops?

Or thumbs for that matter?  Or did you mean it was showing the episode primary image?

My mistake you are correct. I meant episode thumbs, not backdrops.

Okay, so probably the issue here is the ones that are showing those are for series that do not have thumb images and the Roku logic is not looking for the series backdrop and, instead, falling back to the episode image.

Thanks.