• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bbelll33t OFFLINE  

Bbelll33t

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 10:55 AM

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:06 AM

I wanted to ask about an issue I am having with casting to a Chromecast through LG G6 phone (using baconfeet server). The app works great to search for content, but when it comes to playing over casting it breaks.

I have played shows and movies directly on my phone with no issues. However when I try to watch content through casting to chromecast I let my phone turns it's screen off like a normal casting, but after a few moments it shows the "ready to cast your media" and the content I am playing goes back to the beginning.

More specifically;
cast media button = (on tv screen) ready to cast your media" 
push the play button to play content and it starts playing
set phone down and enjoy content
sometime later (within 5 minutes sometimes less) the video stops and "ready to cast your media" comes up on TV
turn on phone and screen in black with "--:--" where the time of video playback is

Please advise as to a solution or remedy.
I am running on the last update from April 22 and still having this issue. Thank you for your time.

#2 Oelof1234567 OFFLINE  

Oelof1234567

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:14 PM

Jip... Having exactly the same issue...

#3 Oelof1234567 OFFLINE  

Oelof1234567

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:19 PM

It would be nice if this could get sorted... Having a baconfeet account without having chromecast work is pointless.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138277 posts
  • Local time: 05:55 AM

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:34 AM

I wanted to ask about an issue I am having with casting to a Chromecast through LG G6 phone (using baconfeet server). The app works great to search for content, but when it comes to playing over casting it breaks.

I have played shows and movies directly on my phone with no issues. However when I try to watch content through casting to chromecast I let my phone turns it's screen off like a normal casting, but after a few moments it shows the "ready to cast your media" and the content I am playing goes back to the beginning.

More specifically;
cast media button = (on tv screen) ready to cast your media" 
push the play button to play content and it starts playing
set phone down and enjoy content
sometime later (within 5 minutes sometimes less) the video stops and "ready to cast your media" comes up on TV
turn on phone and screen in black with "--:--" where the time of video playback is

Please advise as to a solution or remedy.
I am running on the last update from April 22 and still having this issue. Thank you for your time.

Hi there @Bbelll33t, can we look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

#5 Bbelll33t OFFLINE  

Bbelll33t

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:57 PM

So I now and using a firestick and just had a video crashed. I went to options and uploaded the log. Not sure how to link that or what else to add to it.
Was watching video, it paused I tried to play it after a few seconds. Then I backed up a screen and it would not allow me to view the video at all.
Went back to home and was able to resume

This happens almost every movie I watch.

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138277 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:27 PM

@Bbelll33t, are you still running into this?

#7 Bbelll33t OFFLINE  

Bbelll33t

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:31 PM

Well to be honest no. I have upgraded my internet speeds and switched over to a Fire Stick which seems to have solved both issues. The web browser experience on the PlayStation is very limited and I think my slower speeds were causing part of the issue.

#8 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138277 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:08 AM

That's interesting, thanks for the feedback.

#9 Brn86n OFFLINE  

Brn86n

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 12:59 AM

Hi been with emby sometime and wondering why my emby cuts out after 30 sec, when playback on my chromecast. I struggling to resolve the issue using baconfeet server.

Is this a app problem?

#10 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138277 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 11:21 PM

Hi been with emby sometime and wondering why my emby cuts out after 30 sec, when playback on my chromecast. I struggling to resolve the issue using baconfeet server.

Is this a app problem?

hi @Brn86n, can we please look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chromecast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users